I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NY Thread Art Classes Recap
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 16, 2005 08:43AM

[www.visualwrap.com]

Thanks to all who were able to attend, I had a great time and am looking foward to seeing the wraps you guys come up with in your next few rods.

Madeira order will be placed the second week of February. I was 3 for 3 poisoning guys yesterday, lol. I will also be ordering the Thread Tool I use & Doublestick tape from C&G, provided he still stocks the tape.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NY Thread Art Classes Recap
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2005 12:04PM

Billy,Are these open to anyone??If you do another I would be interested.Will there be one using the visualwrap software??I still have not gotten the handle on that although I haven`t had time lately.I live in central Jersey so Staten Island isn`t too far .Thanks

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 16, 2005 02:28PM

Fred & everyone else. These are open to everyone. NERDs is a FREE "club" - there is no registration, no fees/dues, nothign like that. Just have fun - share info, eat some food, go fishing together (I have a few fishing charter ideas for the year).

Is there something that indicates these events are not open to everyone? Maybe I need to word the notification e-mails differently so there is more interest?

There are a few upcoming NERDs events - Massachusettes Thread Art Class, New Jersey Gatehring, I'm hoping for another NY & a NJ Gathering, I'd also like to get a few Upstate guys together. The more the merrier - these things are a lot of fun and a lot of info is shared.

You have any ideas for a Gathering up in th eNOrth East - please let me know and we'll try and work somehing out.

Posted by: John Minutillo (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 16, 2005 03:13PM

Billy, had a real good time yesterday. Going to try a few different wraps now (will post when done). If you can, add a roll of double stick tape to my order. Joker

Re: MA Thread Art Gathering
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 16, 2005 04:49PM

The NERDS - MA thread art gathering is coming up on Feb 5. There's currently 20 area rodbuilders from NY,CT,MA,RI, and NH planning on attending. I'm willing to have more builders, if your in the area and interested.

VisualWRAP software will be utilized for this event, various thread techniques will be used, along with thread packing methods and burnishing. As time allows, other rodbuilding topics will be discussed in a "shop" environment.

I've asked the rodbuilders to bring rods with them, bring hand tools their comfortable with, and something for a potluck lunch. The last MA gathering was a good time for all. I watched 10 guys open up and exchange ideas and rodbuilding methods in a relaxed setting. If your interested, feel free to email myself or Billy.

The main reason I'm doing this is to get rodbuilders together in the northeast...thats it. The last time I did this, I had 10 area builders, from age 25- 50, 1 rod to over 1,000 rods experience and everyone learned.

If interested in rodbuilding , and your in the Northeast................

Sincerely,
Michael Joyce (aka Rapt Tite)

Date: January 16, 2005 04:53PM

John - I'm just gonna order like 10 rolls of tape and 20 Thread tools. I'll put aside a roll to go with the NERDs Madeira order. So far 6 guys are "poisoned" with Madeira, lol.

Posted by: Mike McGivney (---.jdover01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2005 06:28PM

Add a roll to mine...please Thanks again, had a great time Next time I'm wearing cargo pants so that it's easier to steal stuff from your shop...LOL(I'm just kidding, I didn't steal anything)

Date: January 16, 2005 06:59PM

Mike McGivney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (I'm just kidding, I didn't steal anything)

Not that I'd be able to notice, lol.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2005 11:00PM

Billy ,nothing was conveyed that it wasn`t open to all,sorry if I lead you to believe that.What I guess I need to know is how will I know when another is planned.although plenty of my weekends already booked I would be interested.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2005 05:49AM

Thanks. If that's the case then I did a poor job of inviting people, will make sure that's not the case next time.

I usually send out an E-mail to my friends & people I've had contact with regarding the NERDs,or guys who have expressed some sort of interest. I give them first crack, then I post it on the internet - I'll add your name to the E-mail list. It's about teh fairest way I can do it, I'm not going to call 50 gus individually, and I cannot promise to remember exactly who said they were interested in this or that - I'm already confused enough as it is, lol. Unfortunately if people don't go on the computer daily/weekly, it's difficult for me to contact them about upcoming events.

Posted by: Dan Martek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 17, 2005 11:24PM

Hi my name is Dan and I am new to rodbuilding. So new in fact that I haven't even done my first one yet. I am very interested in your seminars A rookie like me could learn tons and probably save tons of time and heartache from you guys. How do I get on your contact list or where do I go too to find out when and where the next seminar will be?
THANX DAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster