I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodMaker @#$%& Warning
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2005 09:07AM

It has come to my attention that someone has set up a fake RodMaker Magazine website and is "selling" subscriptions via @#$%& @#$%&. Needless to say, the "winners" never receive any magazines.

Please be advised that the only place to obtain legitimate RodMaker subscriptions is through me at www.rodmakermagazine.com, or in Canada from Rich Garbowski, Australia from Ian Miller and in Europe through William Van de Vorst.

I am in the process of puttting a stop to the current scam taking place, but that does not mean it will not happen again. Anyone selling subscriptions to RodMaker on @#$%& should be avoided. They are not legitimate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2005 08:37PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodMaker @#$%& Warning
Posted by: Terry Henson (---.arcdca.adelphia.net)
Date: January 10, 2005 11:49AM

This is probably an ID Theft scam. It is a popular scam to obtain your information and then obtain credit in your name. Once that is accomplished, then they will ruin your credit in about a month and then they are gone.

As far as subscriptions, never buy them from anyone except the company or individual from which you are seeking. Don't ever give your information to anyone over the internet,

Set up a Pay Pal account and only use that to pay for anything on @#$%&.

Tom, great job. Hope this helps everyone from becoming a victim of ID Theft.

Terry

Posted by: Robert Adams (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 01:19PM

Thank you for the tip, Tom. One more reason to stick with the reputable sponsors when dealing on line.
Bob

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2005 01:46PM

Actually, they're selling subscriptions via Pay Pal.

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.nas6.portland1.or.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 10, 2005 02:43PM

I did a search on @#$%& and couldn't find it, Hopefully they took it off and banned whoever had listed it.

It is however listed on Amazon.com at $41.21 per year.

Posted by: Gary Bechtel (---.houston.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 03:04PM

Another good example of why I pay everything with money orders. Always a chance of never receiving the paid-for merchandise, same as any other long-distance transaction. But no personal records of any kind are given out for misuse.
I have yet to run into any discrepancies using this method.
The only problem is the time factor involved in using the mail service, but have to consider that a small disruption when considering the possible alternative problems. Gary

Gary Bechtel
North Channel Tackle Service

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vitalchek.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 07:05PM

PayPal has a 30 day Money Back Guarentee on all @#$%& purchaces.
(45 day eff. Jan 14th 2005)

Posted by: Jerry Jacobsen (---.heart.net)
Date: January 13, 2005 08:30PM

I have always enjoyed the information and tips on the rodbuilding.org website but would like to subscribe to RodMaker magazine. Went the website and tried the "subscibe" link only to have it come up as not working. Where can I subscribe and what is the subscription fee?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster