I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Anglers Resources
Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: December 27, 2004 07:27AM

Did I miss something?? What happened to Anglers Resources/Fuji??

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anglers Resources
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 27, 2004 08:58AM

They did not renew their sponsorship.

Date: December 27, 2004 09:12AM

OK- Thanks Tom

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Dennis Venutolo (---.org)
Date: December 27, 2004 09:34AM

As much as I like their products I can't get past the snobbish attitude of Fuji and how they do very little to support custom rod builders through sites like this one. More of my business will be going to their competitors this year.

Date: December 27, 2004 09:40AM

A couple of clarifications need to be made here. First, no one should be here to support this site - that's backwards. This site, RodBuilding.org, is here to support the builders and the sponsors. That's the sole reason it was created.

I would prefer that those who use this site not say bad things about any company that chooses not to advertise here. Business is business and each company has to decide where its advertising dollars are best spent.

Second, Fuji and Anglers Resources are two seperate business entities. I doubt that Fuji is even aware that this site exists. Well, maybe they're aware of it, but they don't handle advertising and promotion of their products in the US. As far as I know, they don't advertise or sponsor any rod building websites or message forums.

Date: December 27, 2004 09:41AM

Hi Dennis,

I was just thing the same thing. I'm going to look into American Tackle and Pac Bay.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Date: December 27, 2004 10:22AM

... and as it turns out, a renewal check from AR was in the mail this morning, so this thread becomes a mute point.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2004 12:23PM

Does that mean they are not snobbish and we can go back to supporting their products again? Read what Tom stated, 2 seperate companies. One who supposrts this site, the other who makes products which are sold by most companies which support this site.

Posted by: Andrew Petroski (---.sub-199-74-155.myvzw.com)
Date: December 27, 2004 12:58PM

I personally made the switch from Fuji to AMTAK awhile back because of availability from my wholsalers but I have still used them on occasion.

One way to make sure we limit our choices is to bash those who are not giving us what we need at this time. That will sure make it less attractive for them to become a sponsor again if they read those posts. If I do not feel a vendor is giving me what I need I just find one who does, you can only hope they will figure it out sooner or later and bring a better package to the table. If Fuji starts to see a decline in sales or more so just the visibility of their products on high end custom rods, they would be more apt to try and come up with something that rodbuilders want, wether it's service, products, distributors, or pricing.

Date: December 27, 2004 04:55PM

I was in no way bashing Angler's Resc. The only thing I know about them is they provide us Fuji info. By the way, I have checked out their new web site and it's a class act. Very well done.

My problem is with Fuji and it's not because they are not a sponser here. I've alway felt that they are wrong for not providing a web site of their own. I have no idea what the percentage of their products are purchased are made by English speaking coustomer but I think it would take the Lion's share (I'm also counting items placed on factory rods sold to English speaking coustomer). But I guess I just answered my own question. They don't need to because they already control most factory rods. Again I'm not bashing Fuji but it would make me feel better about them if they would provide info needed. They have a very nice web site in Japanese.

How much business would American Tackle, Pac Bay or Rodmaker Magazine do without a web site for people to look up product info to make an informed purchase.

There, I've vented so I will go back to work now.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2004 05:15PM

Hank I understand your point, but to be honest I don't think 80% of the people who purchase fishing components (not just Rod Building stuff) go anywhere near a computer. So my guess is that those companies you mentioned would do just fine. Unless they are strictly making money off people who go on the internet, imo they wouldn't last if that's the case.

That's not to say the internet hasn't helped those companies - I would've never heard of Rodmaker if it weren't for the net, and I'm sure there are a ton of guys in the same boat as I.

I wish Fuji had a US site as well. I also wish...ugh! never mind, wrong thread for asking for new stuff, lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster