I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

anyone have a DL747 wrapper??
Posted by: john black (63.146.104.---)
Date: December 26, 2004 07:40PM

if so, how do you like it? i have a penn state lathe so i think a renzetti would be overkill, but maybe not. would like an honest evaluation of a FLEXCOAT DL747 though. and maybe of any other good ones? THANKS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anyone have a DL747 wrapper??
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 26, 2004 08:08PM

The Penn State and Renzetti are two very different types of lathes, built for entirely different purposes. You cannot wrap a rod with your Penn State lathe nor could you turn exotic wood handles and inserts with the Renzetti.

I understand you may not want to repeat abilities in the two units, but they are so far apart I really don't think you would be.

On the other hand, if you simply want a basic wrapping jig or machine, then the Flex Coat or any of those from Batson, AMTAK, or Pacific Bay would probably do the job for you nver nicely without the expense of going all the way to a Renzetti or Custom Power Wrap unit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2004 08:24PM by Tom Kirkman.

Re: anyone have a DL747 wrapper??
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 26, 2004 08:30PM

John,
I have been using a DL713 for 24 years but I wish I had a Renzetti. An acquaintance of mine that has a very busy rod business does most of his work on a Renzetti. His assistant uses a Pac Bay wrapper to wrap the guides. When I retire I will buy a Renzetti or a Custom Rod Wrapper...haven't made up my mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster