I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Crowds in Charlotte?
Posted by: Henry Curtis (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: December 25, 2004 07:58PM

Now that I'm able to attend the big rod show, I wonder what to expect in terms of crowds in the aisles and dealer booths. Will I be able to get in and out booths easily and get the things I want, or is it going to be the type of thing where you really need to get there early each day and beat the rush if possible? I'm sure it will be well attended and I guess I'm just wondering if it's going to be hard to get around and see what I want to see and talk to those I want to talk to. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crowds in Charlotte?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 25, 2004 09:21PM

The floor will be quite crowded but will not be unmanageable. Hopefully you can stay both days which will allow you all the time you need to do everything that you plan. The floor will thin out a little during the seminars and on the afternoon of the second day. I bought some stuff last year and all the vendor booth were staffed to permit purchases of just about anything and still they had time to be courteous to all. The refreshment area, coffe and snack, is a good place to just walk up to some stranger and introduce yourself - never know who you will end up talking to and what you will learn. This is where I ran into Jesse last year and he has given me much free information on practical things that have imporved my work product. If you go there with the intent of looking, learning, finding, evaluating, purchasing, demonstrating or just having a good time you will certainly be rewarded.

Say Hi to me if I don't run into you first!!

Bill Stevens
Gon Fishn

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 25, 2004 09:58PM

The fact is that yes, it will be very crowded. Hundreds and hundreds of rod builders will be attending and there very well may be times when you can't just walk up and into a booth and pick up what you want or talk to whoever you want. However, there will be seminars taking place throughout the day which will tend to spread the builders out somewhat between the upstairs seminar/presentation rooms and the vendor displays in the main exhibit hall. And remember, we're not talking about a half dozen vendors - we're talking about more like 20 to 25 dealers and manufacturers spread out over 40 to 50 booth spaces. This will also tend to spread out the builders, at least a little bit.

If you're going to be around for a full day, or even two days, then you should have plenty of time to see everything you want to see and talk to those you want to talk to. There will be literally thousands of rod blanks, guides, grips, cork rings, tools, etc., etc., to see and between the seminars, presentations and Saturday evening social gathering, I think you'll end up talking to more rod builders than you can imagine.

So yes, it will be crowded. But in all likelyhood you'll still be able to do all the things you wish to do there.

Posted by: Danny Bundy (---.69-93-60.reverse.theplanet.com)
Date: December 26, 2004 06:13PM

Yes the show is super crowded and that's a good thing! Only because of the huge turn out of rod builders do so many manufacturers and suppliers attend and bring so much product for you to view. Only because of all the rod builders present do they have so many rod building seminars and demos. One thing feeds off of another.

So yes it's crowded but you'll find everybody is very friendly and willing to help with anything you need. Just come on out and jam the hall with the rest of us!

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 26, 2004 08:09PM

I sure hope it's crowded for the reasons Danny suggests. Remember when visiting with the guys in the booths that there may be 3 or 4 others behind us that want to talk to him/them, also. If we conduct our business, move on, and maybe come back later with more questions, everyone will be able to get a turn with these guys in the know...

Putter

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 26, 2004 10:11PM

I will try to meet / speak with as many people as possible over the course of the two days. There will be nothing for sale at my station. I will have a few saltwater fly rods and likley some surf casting rods. They will be there for people to see, handle and play with (fly rods anyway) at the indoor casting pond. Everything else will be set ups of "how a rod is made" - for the non-builders & wanna become builders. I'll likely also bring a TV/VCR combo for folks to watch if I'm busy with someone else or I want to catch a seminar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster