I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alconite spinning guides weight vs. Forecast
Posted by: Rob Grider (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 11:10PM

A gentleman on this board had mentioned to me earlier that he thought for sure the Fuji Alconite guides weighed much less than the similar designed Forecast Black chrome VS guides with the TIO Blue zirconium ring so I sat down with a grain scale and found that wasn't always the case. I don't know how this will show up on the actual thread but I will try this as a table:

size/ Alconite/ Forecast
30/ 93 grains/ 97 grains
20/ 41.5 / 37
16/ 27 / 25
10/ 11.5 / 11
8/ 6 / 6.5
7/ 4 / 5

No real clear cut winner but the Forecast with that blue ring win the "snazzy award" for sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alconite spinning guides weight vs. Forecast
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.186.187.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 07:25AM

I like the Batson guides because the ring on the single foot fly guides is a little higher then the Aconite guides. Keeps the line off the blank a little better

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.129.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 07:46AM

Would be nice if they made a concept spinning guide. There spinning guides are a all purpose. They do have an " M " type guide but no colors

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 09:06AM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast does stock the "M" guide in colors . Check our 80 pg color catalog on pages 5-6. We carry the BMLG, LTCMUG, LTCMCG, LTCMNG and have all the matching tops.
We also had the "F" style guide developed with a slight higher frame to help keep the line off the blank. We have been working very hard to service the industry with quality components & blanks. If you give our product line a try I am sure you will not be disappointed.
If anyone has any questions in regards to our product line please feel free to contact us. Thank you for all the support.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
877-875-2381
wbatson@olypen.com

Please feel free to contact us for a FREE 80 pg color component catalog. IMHO the most comprehensive catalog in the industry. Also be looking for our 40 page Blank catalog to be available in Jan. This will be one of the largest selections of blanks under one label ( Rainshadow/Forecast) in the industry.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 09:42AM

heck Bill; I got your catolog and must have mised that?? I must be getting old Thanks for the info, they will come in handy!!!

Sorry about that guys??

Date: December 22, 2004 09:46AM

Bill
How about some thing in a Concept guide?? Some times the M's are alittle to high

Date: December 22, 2004 09:49AM

test

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 12:46PM

I personally have built the "concept" system with the VS sizes 30, 16,10 (Forecast) and then transitioned down to the "F"sizes 7, 6 (Forecast) guide. It works very well. You could do the same with the "M" style guides. I like the "F" guides as they have a single post base and are very strong. This is all about customizing Rods to better the perfomance. Forecast componets are quality components and I would recommend them to anyone for any application. I beleive if more folks tried them they would not be disappointed. IMHO.
Thank you for everyone's support. We are here to support this industry and will be around for generations to come. If anyone has questions in regards to our products please feel free to contact us.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
877-875-2381
wbatson@olypen.com

Posted by: David Banaka (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 01:31PM

I have to say that out of all the guides on the market I have not found a better guide and have used almost all of them. I have had to replace so many of the other major brands because a ring would break or pop out. I have only replaced one Forecast guide and it was my fault for breaking it. We all know that when a product makes the market we start paying for the name.

Give Forecast a try with all of there components. You will not be dissapointed. I cannot say enough about them.

David Banaka
D&S Custom Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster