I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A little Quirk
Posted by: Bob Crook (---.178.174.123.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 01:30PM

I notice that when logged in and you read a message marked "new" that if you use the back button on your browser to return to the message page "new" does not go away. You have click on "Goto: Forum List" for it to show as read.

Don't know if it is just my browser or not, anyone else found this to be the case?

Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A little Quirk
Posted by: Erik Hilliard (66.98.96.---)
Date: December 21, 2004 01:36PM

I don't know if you can call it a quirk or not. In essense, by hitting the back button you are viewing the previous screen as you previously viewed it (from your computers memory). You're not refreshing the information. You can also hit the refresh button (for IE, don't know about other browsers) and the 'new' tag will go away and any new topics that have been added will show up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2004 01:41PM by Erik Hilliard.

Posted by: Chris Marriott (---.pitt.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 01:37PM

Its the same with me too. I just refresh the page and the "new" tag goes away. I assumed it's how the software works. I liked it better when the title changed colors. You can also refresh by hitting F5 on your keyboard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2004 01:38PM by Chris Marriott.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 21, 2004 03:37PM

Eric is correct. Your browswer's cache stores the page so that it doesn't have to refresh each time you view it. This is good, and bad. If you want to see the latest or newest view, you have to either reload the page, or clear the cache, or reduce the cache to a much smaller size. If I were you, I'd just reload the page.

Posted by: John Dow (---.snet.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 08:41PM

I noticed if I go to my controle center and click threaded view the NEW dissapears.....just me ?? John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster