I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

question for Tom K regarding site.
Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 20, 2004 06:34PM

Tom, sorry to be a bother, I do have a question however. Is there any way to sort the forum topics by last reply, like the old forum? It seems that this version keeps the thread where it originally was posted instead of "bumping" it to the top of the list as a new reply is posted. Is this something I did when I registered or is it the way the new software works?

Thanks,
Tony

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question for Tom K regarding site.
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 20, 2004 06:37PM

The old version did not bump it to the top either, and I don't like that type process anyway. It wouldn't work well for this board.

We get so much traffic here that many questions would simply be bumped off the page in a matter of a few hours and never get an answer, in favor of topics where several builders are in and out going back and forth on a subject.

That might work on sites that see little traffic, but it would put a lot of guys who need info on a certain matter out of luck pretty quickly on a site that moves as fast as this one.

I know this may not be your preference (or that of many others) but it's the method I've found to work best for this particular site. Hope you can overlook it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2004 06:39PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: tony politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 20, 2004 06:42PM

Tom, thanks for responding so quickly, unbelievable actually. I was just curious because I thought that's how the old version worked. It could have been a figment of my overactive imagination. Thanks for all of your help.

Tony

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2004 07:19PM

Tony,Yuor not crazy mine worked that way too.I thought I liked that better until Tom stated the cons of it.Does he do antything that is not well thought out??We are lucky to have him running this board!!!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: tony politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 20, 2004 07:36PM

Fred, You're not kiddin. I must visit this site 10 times a day. I have never posted a thread that wasn't answered, and many times by Tom himself.

It's very gratifying to have people with such knowledge and ability take the time to reply to the "stupid" questions.

Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster