I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Cheap digicam recommendations from technoweenies
Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: December 19, 2004 10:30PM

I use a DC210 and compared to many pics that get posted, I'm not happy. The macro is great, but I have no midrange capability to photo a grip assembly. Also, even in macro, there are certain shades of color that it just won't pick up, especially blues. If I use 4 shades of blue, my camera only picks up one color... blue.

There are some great pics that are posted all the time but the last couple of rods I've done, I couldn't get a pic worthy of being posted to save my life.

I'm not a a techno guy so I am in the dark on what's out there. Any recommendations on a camera in the range of say $200 that will let me get great rod pics? Something that has a great macro as well as a midrange ability that will let me take a pic of an entire grip assembly that will be in focus? (It's a dead zone on my cam... too far for macro, too close for normal/telephoto).

I know, I want the world. Great cam for dirt cheap, but you never know unless you ask!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cheap digicam recommendations from technoweenies
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 20, 2004 06:57AM

Mick they getting cheaper, I was told by a friend who takes photos of gem stones you can't beat natural light and film to get the true colours in a photo. But we are talking digital so just use natural light rather than flash and light bulbs etc by doing this you will improve your digital pics. Can't sugest a camera because I don't know what I doing also.

Myles

Posted by: Mark Janeck (---.ispnet.ca)
Date: December 20, 2004 08:06AM

I am a big fan of Sony digital cameras. I'm on my 4th generation of their top of the line camera F series camera.

An important feature to have is adjustable white balance. Having the correct white balance setting is crucial to acheiving accurate colour results. In the price range that you are considering, you can get a camera with about 5 different white balance settings. One of those should be close to your needs. Ideally, a "custom" white balance is best, but only comes into play on higher price digicams.

Look at the DSC-P41, DSC-P43 and DSC-P73. These are some of the best selling digicams in the world.

Also, look on @#$%& for a used DSC-F707, this is their 2 generation old flagship model, and has the ability to shoot like a point and shoot in full auto mode, or as you become familiar with the features, you can shoot in full maual mode and customize the settings to your needs. Extemely versatile camera. It is a pro camera that is very novice friendly.

Mark

Mark Janeck
Custom Rods, Campbellville, Ontario

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: December 20, 2004 08:52AM

Mick
On your search, type in camera reviews, you will get sites that will tell you what they think and how sertain cameras are rated

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: December 20, 2004 06:05PM

Thanks guys. Mark, the Sonys look like they will fit the bill nicely! Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster