I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Central Texas Rod Builders?
Posted by: John Carlton (4.10.171.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 02:49PM

I'm located in CollegeStation TX Aka Aggie Land. I'm just trying to find some near by Builders that dont mind Shareing there tips and tricks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Central Texas Rod Builders?
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 17, 2004 02:52PM

Check the directory page above to find other builders near you. TX is loaded with rod builders, perhaps more than any other state.

Posted by: Don Davis (199.173.226.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 03:15PM

John. I would gladly correspondend with you from here in the Dallas metroplex, but since I am a TeaSipper(University of Texas at Austin), forget it.

Posted by: Bryan Thompson (24.13.159.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 05:36PM

I'd help out but I'm confused since the school I went to is no longer the school that I went to. Go Bobcats! CenTex has a ton of builders, go to any fly shop and you'll probably find someone or fish a few tourneys, alot of these guys out there are finding benefits in building their own rods. I think there are more bass and redfish tourneys in Texas then any other state.

Posted by: Kit Harrison (209.34.33.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 05:59PM

John, I am from east Texas and would be glad to swap tips, info, and anything else about rod building. I did'nt attend any of the schools above except for the school of hard knocks. I build rods for a living and would be more than eager to show or tell you anything I can.

Kit Harrison

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (68.90.227.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 06:26PM

Old U of H Cougar here still living in Houston and willing to help a fellow Texan.

Posted by: Gerald McCasland (69.91.4.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 06:27PM

John,

Both Andy Dear and I are located in San Antonio. You will note that Andy is one of the sponsors for this board. We are both experienced builders and will be glad to answer any questions that we can.

We have had Texas Getogethers for the last three years that have been well attended by rod builders from Texas, La, Fla, and several other states. Thus far there are no plans for one in 2005, but you never can tell, so stay in touch.

Later,
Gerald Mc

Posted by: Gerald McCasland (69.91.4.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 06:34PM

Did I forget to mention that I am an old Red Raider from Texas Tech land.

Later Again,
Gerald Mc

Posted by: JohnCarlton (---.bc.dl.cox.net)
Date: December 17, 2004 08:22PM

Yes i havent went to any schools as you might be able to tell by my typeing. I did graduate from the school of Epoxyed Fingers. Let me tell you it was a rough road but would not change it for the world.

Posted by: Cindy Harlow (---.ev1.net)
Date: December 18, 2004 02:32AM

Gig 'em Aggies!!! And I'm about 35 miles east of Austin. I'm learning as I go and this board has become a life line to me.

Keep me posted on whether there is a Texas Get-together. I'll be there with bells on.

Cindy Harlow
Resident Threadaholic

Posted by: lane cobb (---.ev1.net)
Date: December 19, 2004 08:52AM

John, I would be happy to share anything I know.
Cindy, I am 40 miles E of Austin.
Lane

Posted by: Cindy Harlow (---.ev1.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 02:45PM

Lane,

You and I may have to get together after the holidays. Imagine the trouble we can stir up :)

Cindy

Cindy Harlow
Resident Threadaholic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster