I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New format
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (69.29.222.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 04:39PM

I just click on to RodBuilding. and there seams to be a new format.
In the GOTO section there is a Log In section. I have never logged In before.
Good Wraps Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New format
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 16, 2004 04:54PM

You do not need to log in. It is just an added feature of the new software but I'm not going to turn it on. It's optional, and in a few days it may be turned off totally. If we can do it, then I'll toss it out completely.

Some shading will be added on every other line which I think will greatly aid the looks and function of the board. With a completely white background, it's stark and the human eye has trouble locking onto anything. I think the shading will completely change what you're seeing now.

We'll try to add a threaded view option, but it may not possible without the registration feature. We don't know yet.

We're only 20 hours into the new software and there will be a period of adjustment to find out what we can and can't do with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2004 05:25PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Rick Koontz (65.196.57.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 05:03PM

Hi Tom,

I appreciate all of the efforst you're putting into this as I'm sure all do here.

The only suggest that I'd add that others haven't is the color on the opening page. Right now it is gudebrod rust thread color. I liked it much better as candy apple red or garnet. ;o)

Thanks,
Rick

Re: New format / rodboard (Moderator)
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (69.29.222.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 05:13PM

RodBoard Moderator: Thanks for the fast reply. I do like the new layout. Is there away to put a spell check in this new system?
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 16, 2004 05:16PM

Bob,

What you can do is use the "preview" buttom to read over your post as it will appear when posted. Then if you spot an error, you can go bck and fix it before you actually post it.

Rick,

It shows different on different browsers. On mine, everything is solid white.

It'll take a few days to adjust and fine tune the site, but we'll have it done in a few days.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (205.188.116.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 05:18PM

One of the most important features of the board to me is the ability to scan the posts for the day quickly. Some of the subjects do not interest me but if I see a response by someone I can learn from I will open the thread to read the comment. Example, anytime I see Jesse's name I open the thread to see his practical answer. I hope you can figure out a way for "threaded" display of subject and author.

Tried to log in on the screen with my name and old password and it would not accept and asked for me to submit email address. Did you drag the data base on names and passwords over or will we need to wait for you to supply passwords.

Looking good so far!

Bill

Date: December 16, 2004 05:20PM

Bill,

There is no old database of names and passwords. This board did not require registration previously and it does not now. That will all be gone in a few days.

You don't need to log in to post here, but you will have to do so at the photo page - it's a different piece of software.

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (65.121.115.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 05:36PM

Tom,
I'm confused about your comment about adding shading. Every other entry on the board is shaded on my computer, it's very light but it's there and how light it is depends on the angle of my laptop screen.

Gerry

Date: December 16, 2004 05:44PM

I know, but it needs to be darker or a different color. We'll get it worked out.

Posted by: Kurt McKenna (65.25.30.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 05:54PM

I like it. The best part is it's still free!!!!!!

Thanks,

Posted by: Ken Preston (68.55.202.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 05:57PM

Simple thank you to Tom for initiating the change and to Ian / Wendy for implementing the change. Ian put in some long extra hours on this --- Thank you all.

Date: December 16, 2004 05:59PM

Ian and Wendy are still putting in time on it, believe me. They always go the extra mile to accomodate what we want here and they'll get this place to the point we want in a few days. And yes, it's going to remain free for the users as long as I own it.

Posted by: Jeff Shafer (64.12.116.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 06:35PM

Many nice enhancements, but I'd like to see the subject line presented in a dark color. It's difficult on the eyes as is.

Jeff

Date: December 16, 2004 07:16PM

That's very true and we're going to put darker shading in the boxes and on the topic lines. It will just take a few days to get everything done.

Posted by: Ian Scott (Moderator)
Date: December 16, 2004 11:15PM

Jeff Shafer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many nice enhancements, but I'd like to see the
> subject line presented in a dark color. It's
> difficult on the eyes as is.

Ok. I'm going to start a new thread, so we can keep track of issues, bugs, aesthetic problems, etc. That way we can keep them all in one place, and I'll have a checklist of things to go over, rather than trying to remember where all the "bug reports" are in different threads.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster