I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

P-Touch label maker
Posted by: Patrick Olson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 08, 2004 01:36PM

Hello to all! It has been a very long time, since I've been here to visit. I work way too much. I have a question about the P-Touch label maker by Brother. they are on sale all the time at OfficeMax. I was looking into getting the model that has up to 8 line printing, 8 fonts and PC compatable. Has anyone tried these lable makers out? You can buy clear tape that will print white lettering. I thought it would be easy to make your own rod labels with this machine. Please let know if they will work out. You all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Patrick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: P-Touch label maker
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.ferc.gov)
Date: December 08, 2004 01:42PM

I have a Brother P-Touch labelmaker but not the PC compatable version. It prints up to 2 lines and several fonts and styles. I use mine with the 3/8" silver tape. It makes a nice rod label with black lettering against the silver background. I've used black print on gold tape too. Haven't used the clear yet. Print, trim any extra off that you don't want, peel and stick, 1 coat of 811, let dry and finish with 822 or epoxy. Works great.

Posted by: Larry Grimm (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 08, 2004 02:39PM

I have a P-Touch and I have used it for labeling rods and reels for myself and friends, I round off the ends and apply them , then I coat w/ epoxy. Works well for me. I have even found colors that match my paint schemes, and they blend in nicely.
LARRY

Posted by: Steve Pratt (---.uhaul.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 11:41AM

I've tried to use the clear labels, with white letters. The clear background comes out cloudy. I wasn't too happy with it. Maybe I didn't do enough experimenting though.

Posted by: Patrick Olson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 12:51PM

Thank you all for the response. I'll pick one up and play around with it. Happy Wraps!!!! Patrick

Posted by: Bill Pulk (64.122.91.---)
Date: December 09, 2004 08:38PM

Hi Patrick...I have been useing the brothers computer lable maker for a year now ...i think it works great...if useing clear make sure not to get finger prints on lable...and rub it good to get air out..i the put one part finish on by GUDEBROD...the one that cleans up with water...let dry and put your epoxy over it...good luck with it...do not use to much heat on epoxy the lable my let lose on the edges

Posted by: Rick Case (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: December 10, 2004 03:01AM

Patrick,
Like the others, I use the computer P-Touch label maker also. I have found that after making the label, cut the label as small as you can around the lettering and after placing on the rod, use CP to seal the edges. I have found the labels will lift if you don't seal the edges. Bill is right above, don't get your finger prints on the clear because everybody will to khow you built the rod by your prints. It really works pretty well, but you might have to do some experimenting with handling techniques! Good Luck

Rick
RodsByRick

Posted by: Mitch Bergquist (---.dialup.scc.net)
Date: December 14, 2004 09:23PM

Patrick, what is the modle that you are talking about, the computer type label maker. And you said that it was able to do several lines and fonts. Like I asked, can you please tell me what the modle is on this (one) label maker.
Thank's Mitch "the 1 arm rod man"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster