I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Jet Mini Lathe
Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.vnet-inc.com)
Date: December 06, 2004 09:42PM

I just got a flyer in the mail from Western Tool Supply. They are advertising the Jet 10" x 14" Mini Lathe, 1/2hp motor, 6 speeds for $199.99. They have stores in OR, WA, CA, MT, ID, UT, ME, NY, MA, NH, VT, and Connecticut. They happen to have a store in my town so I plan to make a trip thre quite soon to pick one up. If you live near a store, it's a lot cheaper than paying shipping costs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jet Mini Lathe
Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2004 10:34PM

Gerry,

I was advbised that the variable speed model is well worth the extra bucks. Wishing you great success with whichever lathe you choose.

Posted by: Christian Brink (---.dsl.aracnet.com)
Date: December 07, 2004 01:23AM

The 6 speed (belt change) model has been at $199 for a year.

You might want to check Amazon they have a $25 or $50 off offer on Jet with free shipping. So you would get it less through Amazon.

Christian

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.unifield.com)
Date: December 07, 2004 09:49AM

I just did a search and the cheapest price I can find is $249.99 at Amazon with $25 off plus free shipping, still more than $199. I couldn't find it anywhere for less than that.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 07, 2004 10:40AM

Must be nice to live in a state with no sales tax...

Putter

Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: December 07, 2004 11:56AM

It is !..............Can't you remember?

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 07, 2004 12:35PM

Alzheimer's; too darned long ago. I've been here 26 1/2 years, now. Can't hardly believe that!!

Putter

Posted by: Fran Park (---.atlaga.adelphia.net)
Date: December 07, 2004 08:53PM

The Jet with variable speed sounds great, but I have a PSI with belt drive, and for as often as I change the RPMs, I don't see the need to spend more. Cork is cork. Not a lot of variables, at least not at my skill and expertise level.

Posted by: Tony Dowson (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: December 08, 2004 08:57AM

I sure wish we could get a JET or Penn State up here in Canada,but there aren't any suppliers that I can find and shipping something this heavy from the US would just cost too much.

I also wish we could get Grizzly Hobby lathes here as well because I can't find anything around here that is anywhere near the bang for the buck that the JET and PS are,and can't find anything similar to the Grizzly Hobby lathe for just cork either(definitely not for a similar low price).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster