I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Building Kit
Posted by: Michael O'Neill (---.nas1.red.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 05, 2004 07:00PM

I'm looking for a rod building kit that would offer a 9 ft. # 3 wt. rod blank and the rest of the matierials to complete the build ,somewhere in the 80.00 to 140.00 range. I can't seem to locate a company or site that offers this type of kit. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Building Kit
Posted by: Kurt McKenna (---.neo.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2004 07:24PM

Just about any of the sponsors to the left would be able to put together a kit for you. Custom Tackle Supply has put together a few such kits for me were I choose a blank and they choose the rest.

As far as kits go that are already put together. I would suggest Hook & Hackle, or Neal' fishing products. I have used Hook & Hackle blanks in the past, and have found them to be very nice. The only reason I did not use the kit was because I had a request for a birdseye maple reel seat.

Your best bet IMHO is to contact one the suppliers to the left and have a discussion with them on what you are looking for. That way you will have the final say on the over all look of the rod.

Blank choices are endless for you in that price range. If your not worried about having a fancy reel seat and are going to use snake guides you could choose a blank in the $80.00 range and still come in at $140.00.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2004 07:28PM

Tiger Eye blanks from Dan Craft or Neal's. Rainshadow blanks in the closeout section at Bingham's. All of them will be happy to set you up with everything you need.

Posted by: Tony Ertola (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 05, 2004 07:59PM

Hook and Hackle XT51 9' 3wt 2pc kit with very nice components. about $112 after the 40% discount. Also St Croix SC3 2 pc blank and the xt51 component kit for a little less.

Dan Craft has rainshadow rx7's and tiger eye blanks and his own Signature III which is I hear are very good. He can set you up with components to suite your taste and budget.

Hope that helps,

Tony

Posted by: Richard's Rod & Reel (---.tbaytel.net)
Date: December 05, 2004 08:32PM

We have offered one of the best rod building kits available for value and performance which are very popular and includes a quality domestic produced blank and you can choose the deluxe kit which comes complete with premium adhesive, finish and accompaniements to build a complete custom rod. If all you want is the blank, handle kit, then our kit is more than 30% less than the already competitively price deluxe kit.
Prices in Canadian dollars will make these kits well within your prescribed budget possibilities.

[www.rodreel.com]

Rich Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel

Posted by: John Dow (204.60.236.---)
Date: December 05, 2004 08:39PM

you can't go wrong with one of the kits from Hook & Hackle, the XTs are a great deal as are the IM6 kits Bob has. Order through the I-net and you will be well within your price range . You can also get the kits minus glues , and thread for less $. JD

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2004 11:09PM

Michael,

Give Neil a call at Neal's Fishing (located on the left side of this page). He will set you up with a Tiger Eye blank and the other components needs to complete your rod. Neil will answer any questions you have and help in any way he can. The Tiger Eye blanks are good med. action blanks resonably priced. He has good ros components including very good cork at reasonable prices. There is one factor that keeps me going back to Neal and that is his fair shipping fees. No ad-on fees like: handling charges, additional fuel charges and my favorate fee "not meeting a min. amount fee".

Happy wrapping
Hank
Wells, ME.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster