I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Woven Graphite Reel Seats
Posted by: Joel Todd (---.nas7.toledo1.oh.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: December 04, 2004 03:29PM

Who makes or sells these seats?oI'm interested in a size thats equivalent to a Fuji 17mm or 18mm for on a medium action spinning rod.Black or SS hoods would be fine.
I've done some searching of the sponsors,but I have only found these in the smaller sizes or those for on flyrods.Thanks,Joel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woven Graphite Reel Seats
Posted by: Scott Melton (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 04, 2004 03:40PM

Hi Joel we have the 17mm in stock.
Scott Melton
Rod-Blanks.com
206-372-9998

Posted by: Rick Case (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: December 04, 2004 03:57PM

Joel,

I know that Anglers Workshop carries the woven grahite insert which they will match up to the accompanying hardware for you. Anglers is a very good shop to do business with and is a sponsor of this board. I have also seen the full reel seat in Cabelas, tackle craft book, 14mm ID, length 110mm. If you can, you might try to find one from a sponsors first, if you can't, then maybe a non sponsor. Cabelas come in three colors, brown, black, and green, cost is around $10.00 each.

Rick Case
RodsByRick

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.21.165.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 04, 2004 04:14PM

Check out PacBay and American Tackle

Posted by: John Dow (204.60.177.---)
Date: December 04, 2004 07:47PM

Janns' also carries them , PacBay I believe. John

Posted by: RIchard's Rod & Reel (---.tbaytel.net)
Date: December 04, 2004 07:49PM

Joel, The woven graphite spin reel seats available in black or dark green. I've got these in stock and you can choose hood colors to match size 17 in black, TiCH, s/s, or gold.

Rich Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2004 11:52PM

Are the reelseats really heavy walled like the Am Tack Dynawood seats or built more like a Fuji skeleton on an insert?

Posted by: Matt Davis (66.228.243.---)
Date: December 05, 2004 09:40AM

The Pac Bay's are heavy seats. A 17mm Pac Bay weighs 447.2 grains with the barrel of it weighing 115 grains. (these weights do not count the fiberglass sleeve that runs through both hoods and the barrel)

A Fuji 17mm DPS weighs 357.8 grains.

A Fuji Skeleton 17mm seat weighs 295.7 grains.

Posted by: David Banaka (209.152.39.---)
Date: December 05, 2004 11:21AM

Check out Batson Enterprises "Forecast" components. They came out with some really nice stuff. I have pictures I can e-mail if you need them.

Dave.

Posted by: Joel Todd (---.nas7.toledo1.oh.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: December 05, 2004 12:26PM

Thanks everyone for your replies.I ordered them through Netcraft.I had a order going there anyhow.I was using the Firefox browser and had trouble accessing their site.Tried Explorer and found them.Must be that my setup on Firefox does'nt allow cookies.Joel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster