I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Making the most of the show
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.50.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 04, 2004 02:51PM

I don’t think last year’s attendees and vendors took full advantage of the 2004 event. Here are a few general tips that can make the 2005 Rod Builders’ Show an even better value and benefit for all involved.

Rod Builders - The vendor list has been published and you have a pretty good idea of which manufacturers and dealers will be there (a few more will come on board in the next few weeks, just keep checking the list). If there is a particular product or item you’d like to see, give the dealers a call and ask them to bring it to the show. If you would like to pick up an order and save on shipping, ask them if they’ll bring it to the show for you. This show also provides a unique opportunity for those of you who hate paying those high shipping charges on long one piece blanks, to call ahead and have your dealer bring those blanks to the show. Then, you simply buy it and drive it home (if you drove to the show to begin with, that is).

Check the seminar list before you get to the show and decide which ones you want to attend. Leave yourself some time to visit the various booths and displays in the main hall particularly on Saturday while the vendors still have a high level of stock on hand. If you’re attending both days, remember that some seminars will be presented both days. This might allow you to break things up so that you can do a few seminars each day, instead of trying to do them all in a single day.

Dealers - Pay attention to the list of manufacturers that will be attending and displaying at the show. Manufacturers who are displaying at the show will be demonstrating their products and creating a demand for them right on the show floor. Products from manufacturers who are not at the show will not be in nearly as great of demand as those that are.

For instance, when Roger Seiders at Flex Coat demos his new pilot drill bits and foam arbors, builders will leave his booth and come to yours looking for those same products. When Ralph O’Quinn is in the Featured Rod Builders Booth showing his “tricks with Rod Bond,” builders are going to come to you looking for Rod Bond. When Joe Meehan rolls out his display of twilled graphite blanks, builders will be asking you for them. Get it? Products from Batson, American Tackle, All Star, Shakespeare and other manufacturers who are present there, will be in great demand. Consider that when packing up inventory to take to the show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making the most of the show
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 04, 2004 04:53PM

I attended the show last year and kinda missed out. I spent two days on the floor of the hall in the various booths looking at and fondling all the things that I did not have. There was so much to see and ask questions about that I totally missed all the seminars that were held in the various rooms. When the second day came to an end Lance Dupree looked at me kinda funny and said "Do you realize that we did not go to one of the seminars - what a waste". Manage your time and do not be like a little kid in a candy store.

Gon Fishn

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster