I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Will we have pop-ups?
Posted by: Dave Joseph (---.dialne.bright.net)
Date: March 03, 2002 07:02PM

Hi guys, I just finished browsing over at Bass Fishing Home Pages. I eventually had to kill Java And Java Script on my browser to get through with a little sanity left. The pop-ups and pop-behinds were incredible. A lot of the guys there are more than a little p.o.'d. They seem to have a fair amount of sponsors that are fishing related and a lot more that are not. I am wondering if our wonderful sponsors on the left are footing all the bill and will they be able to keep up without those annoying "sneaky" ads. To date this site is as good as it gets and hopefully will stay so.......Just some thoughts.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will we have pop-ups?
Posted by: Lee Parsons (---.client.attbi.com)
Date: March 03, 2002 07:21PM

I was a regular on Bass Fishing Home Page for a couple of years, then the opoup ads got so bad that I had to give it up. I check the fishing reports there now and again but thats it.

I understand the need for advertising dollars to keep a site going but there is a limit to what a person can put up with. At BFHP its like watching a TV program that has commercials every 3 minutes. I think my biggest complaint there is the ads for gambling sites and second mortgages.

No pop-ups here
Posted by: Moderator (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 03, 2002 08:39PM

There will never be any pop-up windows or ads here. Never. If the revenue from the sponsors is ever not enough to cover the use of the board, Tom will foot the bill out of his own pocket. Those are his words.

Tom has said that this site was developed so that rod builders could obtain and exchange information as well as interact with the people who make and sell the products we all use. No mention has ever been made of profit. I'm sure it would be nice if it makes a profit, but that was not reason it was developed.

There will be no pop-up ads or sneak behind windows at this site. No matter what amount of money anyone may offer.

Re: No pop-ups here
Posted by: Harold Tanner (---.xtalwind.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 05:10AM

Amen to that. I also have quit the BFHP because of those infernal pop ups. Absolutely the scourge of a web page.

Capt. Harold

Re: No pop-ups here
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 09:20AM

If I was offered a million dollars to put a single pop-up ad here, I would turn it down. Don't need the money and won't change the purpose of this board.

So don't worry, nothing is going to change.

Try this!
Posted by: Al Stankewicz (---.san.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 12:09PM

Re: Try this!
Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 12:31PM

Al I think the intent is to show non surport for sites that utilize pop ups not how delete or prevent them
John

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 12:44PM

John,

What is being shown, is that pop-up ads and windows are making a ton of money for the people who use them. For everybody who loathes them, there is obviously another who suddenly decides to buy whatever is being advertised. The sales figures for these things are staggering!

Personally, I find them annoying and this site will not ever allow them.

Posted by: John Minnerath (---.WYOMING.COM)
Date: March 04, 2002 12:54PM

It's Tom Kirkman's philosophy that makes this forum a pleasure to visit, read, and contibute to.

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 01:54PM

Tom they may make a ton of money and I don't doubt it but it won't be mine,reached a point two pop ups and time to leave.
John

FREE Pop-Up Fix
Posted by: Jim Johns (12.13.248.---)
Date: March 04, 2002 03:15PM

I second Al Stankewicz's recommendation of Panicware's FREE

FREE Pop-Up Fix
Posted by: Jim Johns (12.13.248.---)
Date: March 04, 2002 03:17PM

I second Al Stankewicz's recommendation of Panicware's FREE Pop-Up Stopper® Free 2.6 -- it works and the price is right. Give it a try and I think you'll agree. Here's the URL: [www.panicware.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster