I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Show Social Event
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.57.226.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 16, 2004 04:55PM

As mentioned earlier, we will be having a rod building social gathering after the National Rod Builders' Show regular hours on Saturday (February 26th). This will take place upstairs in one of the main seminar rooms and run from 6:30PM to 8:30PM.

If you would like to bring rods to the gathering, or tools or whatever, you are free to do so. The event is informal with no planned itinerary. We're just getting a couple hundred (or more) builders together in one big room to meet and talk rod building on an informal basis. There may be some door prizes given out, in fact, I'm sure there will be.

Refreshments will be provided at no charge (cheese, crackers, dips, chips, salsa, etc.) and there will be a cash bar for those who would like a beer, wine, etc. The event is sponsored by RodMaker Magazine and there is no charge to attend. You will, of course, have to have bought an admission ticket to the rod building show, otherwise you won't be able to get into the seminar area. If you plan to leave the Convention Center and then return for the social, remember to have your hand stamped on the way out so you can get back in later.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Show Social Event
Posted by: Jim Creed (---.136.90.65.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 16, 2004 05:09PM

where can I get info for lodging and such, if I come down it will be for the weekend.
working on my first rod build and pardon the pun but I am hooked,
course the wife thinks my rods are breeding as it is, everytime she turns around there is a new on hanging on the wall.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.57.226.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 16, 2004 05:13PM

There are several hotels near the Convention Center. The host hotel is The Westin at 866-837-4148. Tell them you'll be in town for The National Rod Builders' Show. We had them block off 200 rooms but that won't be nearly enough. In the event that they're already sold out email me and I'll steer you to some other hotels close by.

Posted by: Denny Venutolo (---.ourhostingserver.com)
Date: November 17, 2004 09:59AM

Tom you don't need to keep footing the bill for all these things. Charge everybody that comes through the door two or three bucks to cover expenses and the refreshments. And don't feel bad about doing it. Have you seen what some of these clubs charge just for their seminars? We're talking about over $100 in some cases.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.6.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 17, 2004 10:15AM

Thanks for the suggestion but I really don't like hitting people up for money at every turn. The whole affair will cost me just over a grand and I should sell enough back issues at the show to cover it.

I have firmed up some things which include having name tags for anyone who wants one when they come through the door for the social gathering. Plus we'll have several door prizes one of which will be an American Tackle Power Professional Rod Wrapper.

Posted by: Mike Tanner (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: November 17, 2004 12:04PM

Sounds like I better get on ordering those backorders I been wanting right now.
Mike

Posted by: joseph ciampa (---.bay.webtv.net)
Date: November 17, 2004 11:52PM

Mr Kirkman I live in Port St Lucie Fl,on the east coast,could you tell if there will be a show coming this way in the near future.Thank You Mr Ciampa

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.7.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 18, 2004 11:41AM

Not that I'm aware of. The size of the rod building market and the finances of the various vendors means that it's almost impossible to stage such shows unless the demographics and venue can almost guarantee that they'll be money makers for the show owners and promoters. The Charlotte/Atlanta area just happens to be a truly excellent area for doing something like this. And, we happen to have a venue available that can accomodate such a thing without the cost of starting from scratch elsewhere.

Obviously, everybody would like to have a show in their own backyard, but in reality it's not going to happen. Plus, it's going to be cheaper for you to travel to a show that it is for the vendors to do the same. I wouldn't look for too many large scale rod building shows to spring up around the Country anytime soon. Figure on Charlotte and Ontario, CA (2006) being the major rod building shows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster