I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Light Weight SW Bait Casting Blank Suggestions ?
Posted by: Joseph Bailleaux (---.gt.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2004 11:23AM

Hey guys a need a bit of help here . I've injured my wrist some time ago and it has not healed up as much as I liked .
I'm needing suggestions on light weight blanks for SW bait casting blanks with 10lb-25lb or 12-30 line rateing suitabe for spotted weak fish to Jack Crevally . The E-glass banks I've been useing are heavy and tireing after a day of fishing . A blank weight of 4.5 oz or less will fill the requirements just fine .

Thanks much !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Light Weight SW Bait Casting Blank Suggestions ?
Posted by: Richard's Rod & Reel (---.tbaytel.net)
Date: November 15, 2004 11:45AM

Joseph, The inshore S/W blank models from St. Croix.
The GI66MHF is 6'6" rated 10-20 lb. and this graphite blank weighs
2.10 oz. The 7' version would weigh 3.40 oz. These are pretty tough blanks.

Rich Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 15, 2004 12:04PM

Trout only - Rainshadow IP843

Trout - Reds - Rainshadow IP844

Jack Crevaille Pick Up Trucks Rainshadow IMB783/784/785

Next step up Yellowfin - Have No Idea!!

Not a shill!! But I have an extra 784/785

Allstars in the same number series top drawer.

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Gerald McCasland (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 15, 2004 01:03PM

You are talking my kind of fishing, I love it.

All of the blanks mentioned by Rich and Wild Bill are excellent, but another super light in hand rod that I really like is built on a St Croix spin blank. SCV S70M built with Split grips and nine Fuji SIC Concept guides and tip top. Including a double chevron butt wrap, the complete rod weighs in at 3.7 oz. The only problem is the blank is pretty spendy.

The last Jack Fish that I caught weighed 38 pounds and took over 40 minutes to get to the net. When that was over I told the Capt. to remind me on the next one to early on cut it off. Another good suggestion is to tie your line to a cleat and tell the Capt. to move away at brisk clip.

Later,
Gerald Mc

Posted by: Bill Moschler (---.ag.utk.edu)
Date: November 16, 2004 02:32PM

I am gonna put in a plug for the Allstar blanks. I am currently building a 7', 3 piece IM10X Allstar. 10-30 lb rated. 1-3 oz lure. If there is a tougher, lighter blank around I have not seen it.

Rainshadow and St. Croix are pretty close.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster