I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Allstar blank help
Posted by: steve walters (192.132.24.---)
Date: February 26, 2002 08:24AM

I'm building a rod for a friend and he want's to match the action of an old Allstar rod he already has. The one he has is a 7'6" Viper Series, V904X, rated for 12-30# line and 3/8 -2oz lure. This rod is one of the one's that slides together near the butt section, a two piece kinda. He want's the same action in a 8' one piece. I stopped by the local tackle shop that deals Allstars and didn't have much luck however they did suggest an Allstar HS982. The catch, they said it's not made any more.
The question, do any of you have this blank? Maybe a suggestion on a similar blank. It needs to be a fast or ex-fast action. Any help will be much appriciated. steve

*This post has been edited.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Allstar blank help
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 26, 2002 05:43PM

Steve, I would call Allstar and ask them what blank they would suggest. I have called them in the past and they were very helpful as all other companies that I have called have been.

Posted by: Joe Hart (---.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: February 27, 2002 02:12PM

Steve, I looked at Allstar's site and found complete listings of all blanks,actions and specs. Although,as you can guess,no mention of where to get them. If you find a source please keep me in mind. Thanks,Joe Hart

Posted by: Ray Alston (63.119.95.---)
Date: February 27, 2002 03:17PM

Try the Last Cast, Inc. link on the left. The only other retail supplier of Allstar that I can think of is Jann's Netcraft, also on the left, but I don't think they carry the larger blanks. On the wholesale side, Merrick and Heads or Tails carries Allstar.

Ray Alston
Goldrush Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster