I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Can fuji titanium sic guides be blued?
Posted by: John Lasky (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: February 13, 2002 12:15PM

in reference to my re- thinking the rod I stripped the paint off of I wonder if I can darken or blue the guide set I just purchased?

If not ill still use them or get the gunsmoke frames but I do like the Titanium frames, they are very light!

Thanks for all the help you guys are great!!

Happy Wraps "John"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can fuji titanium sic guides be blued?
Posted by: Sang An (---.east.saic.com)
Date: February 13, 2002 03:17PM

Nope. Blueing only works on non-stainless steel and annodizing on aluminum. With very few exceptions, these are metal specific. I have seen titanium components that are blueish and matte gray but the concept style that Fuji makes (TLNSG, TLSG) are a polished silvery finish that can't be colored blued or annodized.

Posted by: John Burford (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 13, 2002 03:27PM

hey check out Last Cast on the left they have a blue ring guide thats as awesome looking as you will find hop-e this helps ...John T Burford aka Tightline Rod's

Date: February 13, 2002 03:38PM

Thanks for the info ,

I guess what I meant will titanium darken with the same compounds that are available That darken nickle silver or aluminum rod fittings? I think titanium is similar to aluminum in basic properties but Im not sure?

Thanks again "John"

Posted by: Bill Moschler (---.ag.utk.edu)
Date: February 13, 2002 04:00PM

I am not sure, but I do not think the same chemistry will work on titanium. One of the properties that it is sold for is its extreme resistance to oxidation and corrosion(hence its use in salt water) and most coloring processes depend on making an oxide or salt on the surface.

Posted by: Sang An (---.east.saic.com)
Date: February 13, 2002 04:54PM

Will not work. Titanium will oxidize at around 3000 F and the subsequent result is a powdery whitish substance that's used to protect the noses of lifeguard's everywhere.

Re: Thanks fellas
Date: February 14, 2002 01:29AM

As The guides are not very shiny Im going to put them to use and just darken the nickle silver parts. Thank you for the help!!

Happy wraps "John"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster