I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sage Grey blank?
Posted by: Ron Pulitano (---.saber.net)
Date: February 09, 2002 07:47PM

I have inquired of Sage about blank id, but they have never responded. I am hoping that some knowledgable person can help me out. Did Sage ever make a gray blank? When and what action was it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sage Grey blank?
Posted by: Ricky Wilson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 09, 2002 08:13PM

I remember getting Sage catalogs when I was still in High School and they had just started up then. They are only about 15 or 16 years old now I think. I can never remember any grey Sage rods. They were always reddish-brown in the early years and whatever it is that they are now. That's about I can tell you.

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: February 09, 2002 09:47PM

As far back as I can remember threy started with a Finwick brown and now they have the rootbeer color
Bob

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 10, 2002 10:15AM

The earliest Fenwick HMG rods/blanks were grey. Don't know if this is any help to you, but put it in your bag of rod building history and it may come in handy some day, for some reason.

I have never seen a grey Sage blank, unless it might have been from their early blank (not rod) program.

Posted by: Ron Pulitano (---.saber.net)
Date: February 11, 2002 08:10PM

Tom...I just got off the phone with Sage and they did make a gray blank..the MA between 1981-1983. This particular rod I was trying to ID has a spigot ferrule, not a SAGE design or a Fenwick. So who makes a gray Spigot ferrule? Winston? Scott?

Posted by: Bill O'Connor (---.z216112040.bos-ma.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: February 12, 2002 03:59PM

REC in vermont had grey blanks with the spigot ferrule. They changed to Diamondback after that for the blanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster