I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rainshadow/Forecast -Batson Enterprises
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: June 11, 2004 03:46PM

To all our our Valued Cutomers,
The purpose of this letter is to inform everyone of a switch in vendors we are making at Batson Enterprises. For the last 18 months, Cascade Composites LLC has been producing the Rainshadow Rod Blank line. The Batson Family owns a percentage of Cascade Composites LLC and had Sole distribution of all products made at that facility. The Cascade Composite factory was built for this purpose ( Rainshadow Blank Factory). It was a vision of ours to be able to produce quality products at reasonable prices in the USA. Decisions rendered by the primary investors in Cascade Composites has made it necessary for Batson Enterprises to source rod blanks elsewhere. This will not affect the viability of Batson Enterprises.
The current Rainshadow line will become obsolete and will be available on a first come first serve basis. We have a very large amount of inventory to carry us through. All warranties will stay the same. If we can warranty your current model we will, if we can't we will replace it with a like model of equal value. This sort of thing happens in this industry.
As for the future of Batson Enterprises we have already established a new domestic supplier and will introduce an entire new line of high -end Rainshadow rod blanks( Made in USA). These new Rainshadow blanks will be the best we have ever offered. This new line of Rainshadow blanks will become avaiable Jan 1st . 2005.
Most current models of Rainshadow blanks that we offer now will be integrated into a new line of high modulas Forecast import rod blanks. ( We will come up with a name for them to differenciate them from our current Forecast models ) . This new series of higher modulas Forecast rod blanks will be featured and introduced in our new color blank catalog due to come out Jan 1st. 2005. Our current line of standard graphite and E-glass Forecast rod blanks remains unchanged.
We want to assure our customer base that this strategic shift in vendor alignment will improve our over all quality and ability to service our customers. We want our customers to know that the Batson Vision of quality products at reasonable prices is alive and well, and will be for generations to come. We also want you to know that our blank quality will be the finest we have ever offered. We will be at the I-Cast show in Vegas July 14-16th, and also at the Fly Tackle Dealer Show in Denver this September with our product line at our booths.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly at 877-875-2381.
Some people might say that I am giving away to much info but I feel it is necassary to be up front with everyone.
Bill Batson
CEO
Rainshadow/Forecast - Batson Enterprises
wbatson@olypen.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rainshadow/Forecast -Batson Enterprises
Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: June 11, 2004 04:52PM

Bill
I for one wish you continued success and look forward to seeing and trying your new products. I'm also very appreciative of your, "being up front". That benefits all.
Thank you
Stan Grace

Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.s101.tnt1.abrd.md.dialup.rcn.com)
Date: June 11, 2004 04:58PM

Thanks for letting us know. I'll look forward to your new stuff as I have enjoyed using your blanks and components a lot.

Posted by: Neal Cissel (---.phndaz91.covad.net)
Date: June 11, 2004 05:11PM

Bill,
I will see you at the ICAST Show. I to am glad you are up front and honest.
Thank You
Neal Cissel

Posted by: Kevin Kresowaty (---.nwcspa.adelphia.net)
Date: June 11, 2004 06:02PM

Looking forward to seeing the new USA made blanks in 2005!

Kevin

p.s. A nice rich burgundy or brown color blank would be cool. Hint. Nudge.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: June 11, 2004 06:04PM

Bill I am glade you put to bed all speculations about your company. I well be seeing you near the end of the month
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 11, 2004 06:19PM

I've been using the Rainshadow blanks for several years now and have always been very pleased with the quality and the straightness of the blanks. I know that the new line of blanks will be just as good if not better than the current Rainshadow line.
Let us know when they will be available for shipping.

Lance

Posted by: Travis Thompson (---.mad.wi.charter.com)
Date: June 11, 2004 08:53PM

I hope its true that they will be just as good! how about price? will that change? I also would recommend the brown color.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 11, 2004 10:11PM

Bill,
Thanks for the upfront info! Maybe it will kill some of the stupid malicious rumors that have been posted elsewhere. Looking forward to your new line.

If I understood you right, your current Forecast line-up will NOT change in 2005. I'm getting ready to hopefully do a line of "Tough Stick boat trolling rods but it will depend on the future availability of those blanks

Mike

Posted by: Steve Daley (---.frsrc101.mi.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2004 10:51PM

thanks for the heads-up. business decisions are one thing that cannot be controlled, and I wish a smooth transfer when the time comes. I look forward to seeing the new product line when it comes out, I'm sure it will be the quality product that all of us expect from your company.

steve

Posted by: Tom Juster (200.12.238.---)
Date: June 11, 2004 11:13PM

Bill,
Thanks for being upfront. Am I right to infer that after the change you will have 3 lines of blanks:
1) original forecast, economy blanks;
2) high-end foreign-made blanks duplicating many of the present RX7 and RX8 models
3) new US-made premium blanks with entirely new designs.

?

Posted by: Bill Boettcher (---.250.9.249.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 12, 2004 08:52AM

Thanks for the heads up Bill. I only hope like St Croix, since there has been a lot of good things said of your products, that you don't price yourself out of the box - at least for me. Keep up the good work

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: June 12, 2004 04:02PM

Thank you for all the support. I know everyone will be very happy with this new progarm. I have personally E-mailed all who have responded with questions or concerns. If any one else has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly at wbatson@olpen.com.
I am personally excited what this will acheive for the industry.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
877-875-2381
www.batsonenterprises.com
wbatson@olypen.com

Posted by: Shawn Moore (212.211.136.---)
Date: June 12, 2004 04:22PM

Personally I preferred the original Rainshadow blanks you had made by All Star. If All Star will again be producing them for you then that's fine by me. They make a very good product IMO.

Posted by: Manly J. Thomas (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 15, 2004 10:24AM

Bill, thank you for the info concerning your company. I am really sorry to see this happen as I am one of your best fans. Bill Whitson introduced me to you blanks serval years ago and I have been using them every since, and have never experenced any problems with your products. Do you plan to be in Nashville next January? Good luck.

Posted by: JFL (207.219.58.---)
Date: July 08, 2004 12:36PM

Best wishes in your new endeavour - please keep that classic Matte Grey finish, and a 15ft, 3 piece would be a welcome edition to the lineup, it would make a great drift rod for Great Lakes Steelhead and Salmon!

Cheers,

J

Posted by: John Grant (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 09, 2004 07:07PM

Bill....Hope all is well with you. I am looking for information only and from the tone of your letter you are real busy so I will be as brief as possible. I purchased a 15 foot Rainshadow steelhead 3 piece blank [its black in colour] from Doug Sagan at First Choice fishing in Guelph Ont.Canada last month and have had it built with titaniun guides and with an awesome wood and cork reel seat and handle. It is a beauty. I own many other custom built steelhead float and fly rods [mosty G.Loomis] and this is my first Rainshadow float rod however I have no idea which one of your rods it is as the only 15 foot on your web site is RXF15010/11-3. Could you find time in your busy schedule to advise me if it is the above mentioned 3 piece rod which is indicated as an RX8 or what this rod is such as modulas etc.Looking forward to your new line of blanks as are many of my buddies on "Floatfishing .net" web site........John Grant...18 Acredale Drive. Carlisle, Ont. Canada...<')////><

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster