I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The 10,000th post has been made.
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 08, 2002 08:28AM

RodBuilding.org has now been online for just under 7 months. It was an idea that many said would never work. Too many rules, too many other boards already established, too many already popular for this one to have a chance.

Yesterday at 8:58PM, the 10,000th post was made on this message board. That equates to roughly 50 posts per day, every day. My administration page also shows something like 90,000 different individual people (rod builders I must assume) who have visited the site since it went online on June 12, 2001. These people account for well over 1 million hits per month and usually between 500 and 800 click-throughs on each individual sponsor’s link each month. Not bad for a 7 month old rod building message board with too many rules and bland, colorless postings.

And by the way, Tony Hill was the fellow who made the 10,000th post. So Tony, I suggest you make some room in your shop for all the previously promised prizes. You are the winner.

Perhaps we’ll do something like this again for the person who makes the 20,000th post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The 10,000th post has been made.
Posted by: Richard's Rod & Reel (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: February 08, 2002 09:52AM

Congratulations Tony and congratulations Tom for having this site available with such great success.

I guess we made some promises for giveaways to recognize the 10,000 poster, so I will try and contact Tony Hill and arrange to get the lucky list of items to get with more rodbuilding and fish catching. I think you'll really enjoy this, and it's a pleasure to be a sponsor for rodbuilding.org.

Best Regards,

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel Service
www.rodreel.com

Posted by: John Minnerath (---.WYOMING.COM)
Date: February 08, 2002 10:05AM

Congrats to Tony and thanks Tom for creating and maintaining this forum. No doubt the most informative and pleasant board on the subject to be found.

Posted by: Andy Snedden (---.bctel.ca)
Date: February 08, 2002 11:12AM

Congratulations Tony!
I have some goodies for you and will e-mail you to get shipping details.

It is clear that the rules of this board are, at least in part, responsible for its success. Top quality is always recognized as such sooner or later, and in this case rather quickly.

Andy Snedden

Posted by: William Vivona (---.colsonservices.com)
Date: February 08, 2002 02:05PM

I also "know" Tony through a couple of other boards, and agree he is a great guy and keeps making me jealous with the pictures of Stripers he keeps posting.

Congrats THILL!!!!

Posted by: David Henney (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: February 08, 2002 02:25PM

So what did he win??? Thanks Daves Rods

Posted by: Andy Snedden (---.bctel.ca)
Date: February 08, 2002 03:04PM

Custom Rodbuilders Supplies donated;
1) a Rainshadow IF903-3 blank.
2) a sliding-band reel seat (nickle silver or black aluminum) with a birdseye maple, cocobolo, rosewood or walnut insert.
3)a set of Snake Brand snake guides (or a set of TiCH single-foot wire guides) and matching stripping guide and tiptop.
4) a cork grip or set of 5* Supreme cork rings to build his own grip.
Shipping included.

I just hope Tony doesn't use the rod to chase stripers! Its a great blanks but....

Andy Snedden

Posted by: Richard's Rod & Reel (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: February 08, 2002 03:48PM

Dave,
The idea of Tom announcing the 5,000 th poster promted us to do something in recognition of this. So Richard's Rod & Reel donated a set of St. Croix Posters and some hats and other items to the lucky Poster. At the time another sponsor also joined in with items to give the lucky poster. As time came closer about 10,000 there was notice on the board of this becoming imminent

This time with #10,000 we upped the ante along with another generous sponsor (Rodbuilder Supplies) via Andy Snedden, as already he mentioned his impressive list of rodbuilding items that Tony will be lucky to own. I am not sure if others got in the act on this one, but in any case the winning 10,000th poster gets a whack of rodbuilding stuff.

Here is what else Tony will get from Richard's Rod & Reel Service, as part of the lucky draw and Mr. #10,000 Poster:

- Of course, the set of Posters to the lucky Poster

- A moderate value, very good quality Marado or D.A.M. Fly Reel.
(value of about $75)

- A genuine, authentic, St. Croix black cordura covered hard fly rod case (value $35)

-A set of titanium carbide framed guides with top and hookeeper.
(value of about $35)

-The Rod Building Guide. Book by Tom Kirkman ($15 value)

-A selection of tackle that we carry from Grim Reaper spinnerbaits,
Venom Plastics, and Super Cast line (value of at least $25).

So. There you have it. Just our way of recoginzing the great site of rodbuilding.org and our appreciation for participation as a sponsor.

Someone asked previously about the potential with what could be won with the 1,000,000 th post. Well, we'll see if we live long enough to see that happen and hope the site is still around.

Thanks all for support. and Tony, this will be shipped to you at no charge for the shipping. We'll arrange to get your shipping address either by contacting you. or email me at info@rodreel.com.

Rich Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel Service
www.rodreel.com

Posted by: Tony Hill (---.ras11.vahen.tii-dial.net)
Date: February 09, 2002 11:03AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO.... WAY!!! NO..... WAY!!!

I can't believe what I am seeing!!! This HAS to be some kind of cruel joke! I'm going to wake up and it will be just a dream, right?!?

I NEVER EVER EVER win anything! I'm actually getting choked up! Really!

I'm going to post something in a bit, but let me just say THANK you to everyone for your kindness, and THANK YOU to Tom Kirkman for creating such a wonderful place!

NO WAY!!!

Date: February 09, 2002 11:31AM

...And to think, this morning, my main concern was that I have a bottle of C.P that went bad! (looks like it may have gotten frozen)

I went from grumpy to elated all in a couple of seconds! What a thrill!!!

TH

Date: March 04, 2002 11:32PM

The fame of this contest and of Rodbuilding.org just spread.

Tidalfish.com, a big forum on the east coast, just had a post about this board. I'm betting you will see a bunch of new faces from there.

Here is the post:

[www.tidalfish.com]

TH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster