I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Guy In Need of a Little Assistance
Posted by: Brendan O'Farrell (---.espanola.dyn.personainc.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 06:15PM

I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes by being here but...I have 2 questions for you veterans. Number one is: Is there a site out there that will help me along with a diamond wrap? Number two is: I live in Northern Ontario and I'd like to get my hands on some small fish decals but I'm having a hard time locating a source. Is there a trustable site out there that will ship to Ontario, Canada that has a good selection of decals?

I really appreciate any help some of you may be able to offer and in x-change...I'll help out where I can but being a new builder, my knowledge is limited.

Thanks in advance, great forum here too fellas...

Brendan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Guy In Need of a Little Assistance
Posted by: Randy Parpart (---.nccray.com)
Date: May 21, 2004 06:23PM

#2- Try B C Distributing at the left, they have a pretty good selection.

Putter

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 07:14PM

You might want to give Richard's Rod and Reel a call. He is near you and is one of the sponsers listed on the left of the screen. Cheers, Ellis

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 21, 2004 07:16PM

You're here for the very reason this site was designed. To help people just like yourself.

The best step by step directions for basic decorative wrapping are in Rod Building Guide. It's only $15 and has a ton of other info as well. Most any of the sponsors should have it.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.mas.optusnet.com.au)
Date: May 21, 2004 07:28PM

Brendan,

For some step-by-step thread art instructions online check out:
[www.leapinbass.com]

Regards
Dave Boyle
www.visualwrap.com

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (69.26.69.---)
Date: May 22, 2004 12:15AM

Brendan,
I'm in Ontario with Richard's Rod & Reel as a rod building supplies distributor. We have the irridescent ATC fish decals in quite a large assortment and unique maple leaf ones that look sharp on a Canada made custom rod.
Also, the diamond wrap you can approach in several ways. One is a great video to show visual called Decorative Rod Wrapping Volume 1 by Artie Hebert. The Flex Coat Decorative Rod Wrapping Guide 1 shows the diamond wrap in print detail. The VisualWrap Software Program is an excellent tool to get your setups on crosswraps with computer visual and guidance.

Will be glad to help you out if you wish to contact me.

Thanks,

Rich Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel
807-486-0514

Thanks A ton fellas
Posted by: Brendan O'Farrell (---.espanola.dyn.personainc.net)
Date: May 22, 2004 02:53PM

Thanks for the help guys...very much appreciated. Richard, I'll be in touch about those decals and stuff...I actually know you through a friend of mine...we'll chat soon!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster