I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sponsors
Posted by: Al Chicklero (---.dialup.foxinternet.com)
Date: May 21, 2004 12:18AM

Say!
In the pass I have read on this site you click on the sponsors listed on the left to contact them, however, when we try, we get a KILLED CONNECTION. I have used Google to search for them. Is this the only way with out book marking them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sponsors
Posted by: Steve Daley (---.frsrc101.mi.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 12:45AM

I've never had that problem...... the links work fine for me, maybe it has something to do with settings on your computer? i dunno.

steve

Posted by: Mark Crouse (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 21, 2004 12:56AM

I just tried it it worked fine for me to.
Mark Crouse

Posted by: Lance Bosma (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 05:17AM

I have had a problem when I search after work at 2am- 4am I do not have the list of sponsors to check out their stuff. the only ones I see right now are "Rocky Mountain," and "Anchor Bay Tackle." None of the other sites show. These two do not have a link to their site.

Lance

Posted by: Nicholas Austin (---.tnt26.hou3.da.uu.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 05:33AM

It maybe an issue with your firewall. but before you worry about that try this - Right click on the site on the left you want to go to and click open or open in new window. If that dosn't work right click on desired site hit copy shortcut, open a new browser window, right click in the address field at the top of your browser and click paste, then click go or hit your enter key. Kinda hard to say what the problem is unless I can get my hands on your system but this is a lot quicker than doing a search. You can also try going to tools/internet options/security at the top of your browser and make sure all your setting are at default. This will not effect anything you will notice. Make sure you always use and update your virus software because you might have had your security options set to max which would limit you but it's safer. So safe you can't do anything. These setting are good to set if you have kids with there own password to log in and you set each persons but if not leave at defaults. Oh almost forgot, you want to click on each web content zone in the security tab and set EACH one to default not just the first one. Set up your virus software to auto update at a givin time (like when your sleeping) and forget about it. If you are using a company computer you are probably locked out from making the necessary changes and would need to contact your system admin. There is a way to get around that though but it requires you to go into the system registry and if your not familur there stay out. You can really do major damage if you don't know what you are doing in the registry. If you have rights to all your system properties and the security option mentioned above did not help try going to tools/internet options/advance and change this to default also. You can make a few tweeks in here too that you might prefer. Anyway, hope this helps. Nothing I've mentioned will cause harm to your system and you can always change anything if you don't like the desired effect. If your unfamilur with anything take notes. You should be able to right click on any item you are unsure about while in internet options and click "whats this" and it will give you a breif discription of that item. You can shoot me an email if you need more help.

Nick

Posted by: Nicholas Austin (---.tnt26.hou3.da.uu.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 05:52AM

Lance,
Go to your dektop, right click on internet explorer, go to properties, delete cookies, delete files,clear history. You should do this often. I think this will fix you problem. you might also wont to try and start/programs/accessories/system tools/disk clean up. if you havn't done any of this for a long time it's probably time for you to defrag your disk to which is in the same area. nothing here will harm of change your system. just getting ride of buildup. Defrag takes awhile so do that before bed or work. And close anything you have open inclduning anything that auto starts (lower right hand of start menu). You can right click an close all that. Or you can Ctrl/Alt/del and close all processes in there except explorer and sys?. If you have alot of things in your start up it will greatly effect your speed. I also recomend downloading Spybot Search an Destroy any spaywareblaster to get all the spyware off your system. If you have never don this you probably have 50 or more. these are little bug like things sites on the internet put on your system that track everywhere you go and send you pop ups and spam to things you like. they greatly reduce system performance. Th two programs are free. if you like thm which i think you will donate to them. most little free program you download (you know the ones you never use like gator) are spyware programs. Get Ride Of Them. Once this is done come back here and lets talk about Rod Building. Another great program is Systemworks by Norton but it's not free but is easy to use for system clean up

Nick

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.126.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 08:43AM

There is a bug in Norton Anti-Virsus that will kill parts of some websites. If you're running that, or any type of "pop-up" blocker, try turning those off. I suspect the list of sponsors will magically appear.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (136.181.195.---)
Date: May 21, 2004 09:40AM

Pop up blockers generally prevent any script (good or bad) from running on your computer. It's sort of like throwing out the baby with the bth water. IMO, they have more of a downside than an upside. The trick is to kill the the spyware/adware that is directing the pop ups to you in the first place.

SpyBot is pretty good, but the best one out there is Ad-Aware and can be downloaded from [www.lavasoft.de] It is the most widely used and effective software of it's type and, unlike pop up blockers, does not interfere with your system.
In my job, computer technician/system administrator, I strongly urge people to remove pop up blockers..
Mike

Posted by: Nicholas Austin (---.tnt24.hou3.da.uu.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 04:32PM

I used Ad-ware for a few years and switched to Spybot. It deflected quite a bit more spy ware then Ad-ware. Have they improved it? If you try them out I would go with the spybot first, remove it and try the ad ware. If you try the ad ware first and remove it, it still leaves reside on your system which Spybot sees as spyware and you will get a continue message on start up stating this until you completely remove it manually. The Spyware Blaster will work with Spybot with no conflict and it works in the background blocking spy ware and ad ware before they can infect your system. The two work together great. What one doesn’t catch up front the other will manually. I didn't think it could be related to a pop up blocker I never use them or refer them to clients. From my past experience they contain spy-ware. I haven’t heard about the bug in Norton either I guess I need to read my admin mail. If you use Norton and disable it I suggest you install a new anti-virus. I wouldn't get online without one. There are way too many viruses out there. I recently made this mistake on one of my home units and caught a virus that was about ten years old and nothing on the marked would remove it. Thank god it wasn't hooked to my network. I'm running Norton through Cisco with no issues. But if your not running a multiple system network that’s a little much for an end user. If any of the above dosn't work for you send me an email. I've been in the business for 14 years so chances are I know someone that could help you in your area. If all else fails go to a web site that bash's MicroSoft and vent your rage at Bill Gates for inventing a crappy operating system that constently has to be upgraded, conflicts with everything, and keeps people like me in business.

Good luck,
Nick

Posted by: Jim Shamburger (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 09:44PM

Ditto on the holes in the Microsoft operating systems! I use a program called Pest Patrol that kills popup windows and unwanted cookies and I have not had any problems with websites that I want to view. You might want to give it a try, and disable any other popup blockers you might have. I also use the Google search toolbar which has a popup blocker but it has never caused any problems thus far.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster