I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A change inthe site menu?
Posted by: Bob Scacheri (---.dol.net)
Date: January 20, 2002 12:07PM

I have used this site since it originated. Unfortunately, sometimes a couple of weeks will elapse between visits. There used to be an option to review "older messages." I am not talking about doing an archive search. Rather, I used to be able to simply scroll through older messages that did not show up on the first "page" of messages . Am I missing something or was this option removed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A change inthe site menu?
Posted by: William Colby (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 20, 2002 12:53PM

It's still there on my screen. Down in the lower right hand corner.

No change
Posted by: Moderator2 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 20, 2002 01:24PM

We get lots of questions on whether or not changes have been made to the site. The answer is, no. Other than a slight addition to the message posting box, no changes have been made since it went online back last June.

If you notice a change please be aware that there is a 99% percent certainty that is on your end. With your browser, your provider or your cache file.

Neither does this site send cookies to your computer. If your name is coming up other than how you type it in, it is also a problem on your end and usually with your cache or the memory autofill feature on some browsers.

No changes are planned for anytime in the near future to the operation or appearance of this site. Thank you.

Re: No change
Posted by: Dave Joseph (---.dial.bright.net)
Date: January 20, 2002 01:56PM

Bob, I have seen the same thing as you. What you need to do is simply click on the "view threads" option on the header bar and you will find the older messages at the top and bottom right hand of the page. It is not there when you have the "collapse thread" option active. There is nothing wrong with your cache or your browser. I think it used to be there when the threads were collapsed, but I can't remember for sure.

Posted by: Brian Thompson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 20, 2002 02:32PM

The option for viewing older messages is up on my screen. Although I always use the full threaded view. Makes it easier to see the new posts!

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 20, 2002 05:32PM

Dave is correct in that there is a difference in options depending whether or not you are in the "flat view" or "threaded view". But there have been no changes other than adding the rule about names and email addresses to the message area.

As the moderator said earlier, 99% of the time any problems will be on your end, however I appreciate those of you who bring these type things to our attention, as that 1 time in 100 it could well be the site. If we don't know about it, we can't fix it. Thanks.

Re: Thanks
Posted by: Bob Scacheri (---.dol.net)
Date: January 20, 2002 08:32PM

Thanks for the advice. I have found it to be exactly as you described.

Trying to out-smart the menus
Posted by: Ed Sinn (mrsinbad) (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 20, 2002 08:58PM

Ok, I just wanted to see what would happen if I use the "View Threads" choice to access older messages then "Collapse Threads" to see more topics and I got bounced back to the first page of topics with the oldest message being 1/14/02.

Tom, would you please put this on your wish list to view older messages with the threads collapsed? Thanks much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster