I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Am I missing something?
Posted by: Rick Lewis (---.boeing.com)
Date: January 18, 2002 05:00PM

Not all the replies are showing for some topics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Am I missing something?
Posted by: Dwayne Rye (---.wff.nasa.gov)
Date: January 18, 2002 05:24PM

I noticed the same thing ???

Everything is normal
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 18, 2002 06:07PM

They are all there. Check your browser cache and also whether you are using the threaded view or flat view feature.

Re: Everything is normal
Posted by: Quintin George (---.tlna.com)
Date: January 18, 2002 06:27PM

I had the same experience at work.

I continue to see the same thing on my home pc.

For example, this thread
[www.rodbuilding.org]
says that the latest posting is 01-18-02 01:44 but when I open it, the last posting is from Date: 01-16-02 12:28

Posted by: William Colby (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 18, 2002 07:52PM

Not all the posters posted to the last message. If you look up above you will see the last post there is not at the bottom but in reply to an earlier post. But when you open it the posts are all in order from the first to the last. To my knowledge this site has always operated that way.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 18, 2002 07:53PM

Same thing happened here and I clicked on my reload button and the last post appeared.

Posted by: John Kuebler (---.tnt1.tucson.az.da.uu.net)
Date: January 18, 2002 08:25PM

I've noticed the same thing. this topic "am I missing something" says there are 5 replies and there are 5 replies. But, it gets out of wack as I go down the page, ie; topic "lots of questions" says there are 27 replies, it is wrong there are 8 replies. Topic "Customer input" says there is 1 reply, it is wrong there are 27 replies.

That's NEW replies not total
Date: January 18, 2002 08:31PM

That's the number of NEW replies since you last logged on. The site is working fine. Gee Tom, maybe this site is too technical for us!

Try using the threaded view instead of the flat view. I like it much better that way.

Re: That's NEW replies not total
Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 18, 2002 08:40PM

Heck I just read 'em, not count 'em. When something seems to be missing you can hit your browser's reload button and usually that will fix it. Usually what happens is that your browser reverts to an earlier cached version of this page to save time. But when it does that you think some posts are missing as the saved page came from an earlier loading when the newer posts weren't up yet. Pretty common situation.

Re: That's NEW replies not total
Date: January 18, 2002 08:44PM

Well the rely number does seem to be amis. I stand corrected. But if you use the threaded view - - 'view threads' option -- you can see all the posts at one time. It takes more screen room but you never miss anything. I do understand about page reloading and caching. You're right on target there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster