I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

GREAT RODS
Posted by: SAM PARKINSON (192.88.212.---)
Date: February 07, 2004 02:10PM

I WENT TO A LOCAL SPORTMAN SHOW YESTERDAY AND THERE WAS A ROD BUILDER NAMED JIM GRANDT THERE HE SAYS HE WAS THE 1983 AND 84 NATIONAL ROD BUILDING CHAMPION. I CAN BELIEVE IT HE HAD HUNDREDS OF RODS WITH ABOUT AS MANY DIFFERNET BUTT WRAPS AND HANDLE DESIGNS THE WORK WAS UNBELIEVABLE. AS A NEW ROD BUILDER I HAVE ONLY SEEN PICTURES OF THE GREAT WORK DONE BY BUILDERS ON THIS SIGHT.TO SEE AND HOLD THESE TYPE OF RODS WAS GREAT.BUT I WAS SURPRIZED THAT HE DOES NOT USE ANY TYPE OF LOCKING WRAP ON SINGLE FOOT GUIDES. WHEN I ASKED HIM WHY HE SAID THAT IF A SINGLE FOOT GUIDE IS SEALED PROPERLY IT DOES NO
T NEED ANY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GREAT RODS
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.30.205.72.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 02:33PM

Under normal circumstances single foot guides can be used and be expected to hold up reasonably well without any security wrap. But, a security wrap will positively hold that guide in the face of being snagged on rod boxes or under rough use. They're a good idea unless you don't mind rewrapping your guides every so often.

There is no national sanctioning body that bestows rod building titles on anyone. Jim's claim is from a very small contest which I believe Gudebrod held some years ago. You could proclaim yourself "2004 World Champion Rod Builder" and be just as entitled.

Posted by: Darrell Lapointe (---.nb.aliant.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 02:36PM

In that case I would like to hereby be known as "2004 Candian Rodbuilding Champion". Thakyou for your co-operation.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 02:45PM

Hey I want to make Herry Hanson the National World Champion Butt Weaver (smileing)
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 03:47PM

Sam,
Was that the Portland show that is going on now?

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 06:10PM

Can I self-proclaim "The gooeyest rod builder in the world"? What do you think Emory? Do I have a shot at the title?

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 07:16PM

Ken,
You've got my vote!!!

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 07:56PM

Ok --- just another way to help folks "stick together" or "hang tough" ... "the bind that ties" - to mash a metaphore.
;-)

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.cpe.net.cable.roger)
Date: February 07, 2004 11:16PM

Then I will have to Take the odd years to be Canadian Champion Rodbuilder

Re: GREAT RODS/ Bob's Screw up
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: February 08, 2004 03:50AM

I appoligise To Kerry Hansen who I nominated a the number one world chapionrod weaver of the world. I missed spelled Kerry Hansen" name. Any one who has read my posts in the past must relize I can't spell SH-- even it was smelling right in front of me
Good Wrap to all Bob

Posted by: Mike Smith (---.201.202.68.cfl.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2004 12:52PM

Bob; You might also ask Mr. Hansen if he really wants the title of World Champion Butt Weaver!!! :-))

Posted by: Travis Thompson (---.mad.wi.charter.com)
Date: February 08, 2004 04:28PM

I'd like to be the 2004 rookie of the year!!!! my work should recieve no award nor honer.

Posted by: Stan Grace (---.client.bresnan.net)
Date: February 08, 2004 04:57PM

I would settle for: Senior rod builder at the intersection of Blue Moon St. & Tizer Rd. By the time anyone finds that location I should be the: "Master Senior" so and so.
Stan Grace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster