I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Compatibility of LS Supreme
Posted by: Chris Roberts (---.orf.contbb.net)
Date: January 10, 2002 09:28AM

I know many folks have gone to the Conclave, but I thought I would throw this question out anyway. After hearing all of the praise for LS Supreme I decided to try it. However, in my haste to get the order in I neglected to think about color preserver. I still have plenty of Flexcoat CP. My question is, is LS Supreme compatible with Flexcoat CP or am I going to create problems for myself. I will order a U-40 product if necessary, but I would rather wait until I have a larger order together.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Compatibility of LS Supreme
Posted by: Sanford Hochman (---.cape.com)
Date: January 10, 2002 10:06AM

Chris,
You should have no problem putting one finish over another. They are essentially the same. I have put LS Supreme over Flex Coat and vica-versa. One thing I do though to make it flow easier is to put the containers in how water for 15 minutes, then it is much easier to work.
Sanford Hochman

Posted by: Bill Doherty (---.rdu.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 10, 2002 10:31AM

I think Chris is concerened with Flex Coat Color Preserver under LS Supreme. No problem. Flex Coat CP will work fine.

Bill Doherty

Posted by: Sanford Hochman (---.cape.com)
Date: January 10, 2002 12:02PM

You're right. I misread his post. Most water soluble cp's are the same.
Sanford

Posted by: Tom Wolfe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 10, 2002 08:54PM

Chris,
I just decided to switch over to LS Supreme myself & let me tell you it took a while to get me away from FlexCoat, but LS Supreme is my new choice. I used it over a Flex CP and it was fine.
If this will be your first time using it, have fun!! I was really surprised to see this product live up to all of its hype!!
Thanks to all of the builders here for converting me over!!!

Tom
www.customrodbuilders.com

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: January 11, 2002 01:51AM

Chris,
Flex Coat color preserver can be used prior to applying either LS Supreme or Flex Coat finish. As good as the Flex Coat and U-40 products are with finishes, the color preserver is an acrylic base that works fine, but also you might try Gudebrod #811 C.P. for a clear type color preserver. Color Lock by U-40 is also a good product, and these also are fine to use prior to finishing with LS Supreme.
I would say, if you already have the flex coat c.p. and are okay with it's usage just go ahead and use it in the usualy fashion according to instructions on the bottle.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster