I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Source for 2.5" Alum Rod Tubes... not REC :)
Posted by: nate harris (---.dynamic.umr.edu)
Date: November 13, 2003 02:15PM

Hiya gang,

Anyone know an alternative source for 2.5" Aluminum Rod Tubes. Nothing against REC, I've ordered from them often before; just looking for something a little cheaper since times are tight this month! lol

Haven't had much luck with an on-line search,... only Landmark's I can find come in 1 5/8" and 2"... and I haven't found any ClearCreek retailer's whove got 2 1/2"ers in stock... again, I need an aluminum tube that'll accomodate size 20 strippers and a $10 savings would by me alot of Ramen Noodles,.... college budget and all, ya know ;)

Thanks for help, as always, it comes much appreciated.

Nate H.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Source for 2.5" Alum Rod Tubes... not REC :)
Posted by: Christian Brink (---.dsl.aracnet.com)
Date: November 13, 2003 02:51PM

If your really on a budget skip the aluminum tubes. There are plenty of nice covered pvc tubes or just straight pvc tubing.

They're should be several supplies on the left that carry Mountain Cork or brands of covered pvc tubing.

There are also several examples on the photo pages of great ways to make regular plumbing pvc tubing into a nice looking rod tubes.

[www.fishingphotos.net]

[www.fishingphotos.net]

HTH
Christian

Posted by: nate harris (---.dynamic.umr.edu)
Date: November 13, 2003 03:12PM

hiya Christian,

I had considered the Cloth-Covered PVC alternative, but i've had a few such tubes warp recently... certainly a result of having thrown the empty tubes in the back of the pick-up in an excited rush to get on the river with assembled rod in hand quickly. lol

I'm not shrugging that option just yet,... should I not be able to find a cheaper large dia. alum tube, I'll probably go ahead and opt for the plastic stuff instead. Thanks for the advice though ;)

Nate H.

Posted by: Jimmy Lemanczyk (---.web.thalamus.se)
Date: November 13, 2003 04:13PM

I've bought several cordura covered tubes from Alpine Cases. www.alpinecases.com I've only bought the longer ones for some 3 piece spey rods. The fit in a sock quite well in their 2 1/4 diameter and I think they will build something larger custom. Quite a steal at less than $20. Talk to Chris the owner he'll set you up.

Posted by: Bingham Enterprises (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 14, 2003 08:50AM

Bingham Enterprises can special order those 2 1/2 aluminum Landmark cases for you. Drop me an e-mail for details.
Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises

Posted by: Custom Tackle Supply (64.53.115.---)
Date: November 14, 2003 10:19AM

Nate -- How long does the tube need to be?? We have several sizes of the Clear Creek aluminum tubes here, that are black, with gold caps or black with silver caps. We might possibly have what you need, if we knew a length. You can give us a call at 931-684-6164 or e-mail me at -- customtackle@united.net

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.58.7.237.Dial1.Portland1.Level3.net)
Date: November 14, 2003 05:02PM

Angler's Workshop has the material to custom cut any size tube you may need, also they have them in the standard lengths. They usually get them out same day. The ones I gotten are silver with gold caps.
Good luck on the hunt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster