I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2025 ICRBE
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents System
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Century Rods
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
EPSON Decal Printers
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AT g2 bravo seat grips?
Posted by: Brandon fennimore (---)
Date: July 04, 2024 09:36PM

Hey I just ordered the American tackle g 2 bravo reel seat and it has a actual tenon coming off the rear of the seat I’m really having a hard time finding grips that will fit the reel seat tenon they said they make fitted grips I tried the g2 carbon that doesn’t work and neither do the EVA they say there are fitted grips but I can’t find anything! If anyone has worked with this seat please help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2024 02:19AM by Brandon fennimore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AT g2 bravo seat grips?
Date: July 05, 2024 02:21AM

Mud hole customer service never reached back out to me so I’m left in the dark kinda lol

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: July 05, 2024 05:37AM

From looking at the dimensions for the Bravo reel seat, and the grips recommended for it, it appears you'll need to open up the inlet on the grip a bit as well as sand down the OD of the grip a bit, to get it to work with the Bravo. Not that big of a deal really. Probably easier to do if you go with cork versus EVA, but can certainly be done with either option.

Just have to tweak it a bit.

Posted by: Rob Frichette (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: July 05, 2024 09:24AM

Good Morning Brandon,

SPG190R and SPG390R should be a perfect fit with that seat (assuming you have the assembled version). Check them out at the link below.

[mudhole.com]

Thank you,
Rob Frichette
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

Posted by: Ancelmo Fernandez (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: July 05, 2024 09:42AM

Hey Brandon,

The G2H spinning carbon grips are not compatible with the Bravo seats. I have seen some interesting configurations of the G2H carbon lineup matched with the American Tackle seats. The Bravo, however, has a tenon that inhibits the spinning carbon rear grip installation. If you want to do something outside the box there is always a way to make your vision a reality. You will need some extra tools and some ingenuity. This is the beauty of custom rod building and why many of us peruse this forum.

There are grips specifically made for this style seat. The SPG390R-E or -C is the grip recommended for these seats.

Date: July 06, 2024 10:12AM

I have the spg390r and they do indeed fit the actual reel seat tenon however the id of the grip is the same all the way through the grip so now the grip is way to big for the blank itself

Posted by: Rob Frichette (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: July 08, 2024 02:01PM

Brandon,

If the ID of the grip is larger than your blank, you can use thin strips of tape to arbor and fill with epoxy. If you are using EVA, be careful to fully support the grip or you may be able to feel the tape.

Rob Frichette
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster