I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What Fuji Guides for NFC SJ-736-1 and SJ-765-1
Posted by: Ryan Horton (---.121.181.172.lightower.net)
Date: May 06, 2024 04:47PM

I am new to the forum and relatively new to building rods. I am a fan of the Fuji SIC guides and the last 3 casting rods I built I used the Fuji KW's. Looking for guide suggestions for these blanks. I have built a few rods with the micros and I have decided they are not for me.

For the SJ-736-1 and the SJ-765-1 X Ray blanks, they will be used as casting rods for bass, I am not wanting to use double footed guides all the way up, instead I was leaning toward the Fuji SIC KL's for running guides (not sure if this is the best option). Also I am going to need to match a tip top with the guides as well and that seems to be a challenging decision as well.

Long story short I am in need of some guide options for these blanks.

All help is appreciated

Ryan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What Fuji Guides for NFC SJ-736-1 and SJ-765-1
Posted by: David Baylor (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: May 06, 2024 06:42PM

I have two rods built on SJ 736 X ray blanks, and I used Fuji T2 guides. Those are the black titanium with SIC rings. Pricey, but very sweet, and will result in a nice light feeling tip weight. I went with the conventional 3 double foot reduction train on them. KW 10, KW 8, KW 6. followed by 3 KB 5's and the rest KT 5's. Tip top is a Fuji KG Arowana in the appropriate size tube, with a #5 ring.

I recently built two rods on MB 725 C6O2 X ray blanks and I used the Fuji T2's on one of them, and titanium frames with Torzite rings on the other one, but I changed up the guide trains. I went with Fuji's KR concept for casting. Butt guide is a KW 10, followed by a KW 5.5 on both rods. the same 3 KB 5's and the rest KT 5's on the one rod with the T2's. And KB 4.5's and KT 4.5's on the rod with the Torzite rings. The Torzite's have about a half size larger ID than the SIC rings, because the Torzite is a slimmer ring.

I personally would go with KW 10, KW 5.5 followed by KBs and KTs. I will say I used one more guide than I have on the rods with the 3 double foot guide reduction train, because they carry a little more height down the blank. It's one extra running guide that weighs less than 1/10 of a gram, so it's really nothing to fret over.

I have 11 guides total plus tip top on the rods built on the SJ 736 blanks, and 12 guides plus the tip top on the rods built on the MB 725 blanks. Of course the number of guides you choose to use depends on how closely you want the path of the line to follow the natural curve of the loaded blank, and how close you'll let the line get to the blank.

Posted by: Patrick Coco (---)
Date: May 06, 2024 11:46PM

For the SJ736, I've been using,

Rv6 butt guide: [voodoorods.com]
3 kb5
7 kt5

Pick your preferred frame and insert combination for the kb and kt guides.

The the SJ765 you may need one more kt.

Posted by: Ryan Horton (---.121.181.172.lightower.net)
Date: May 08, 2024 04:51PM

Thank you for the input, I know what direction to head now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster