I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

sully rod dryer
Posted by: Claude Friloux (---)
Date: April 01, 2023 06:50PM

Looking for help with sully double rod dryer the old wooden pully one I took mine apart to replace the chucks and now can't seem to make it work The motor and drive pully attached to motor works and rotates fine but now the chucks that hold rod will not turn Need advice on how to reattach them to make them turn or schematic of how the chucks are attached -- Thanks

C H Friloux

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sully rod dryer
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 03, 2023 12:42PM

I cannot remember who built those. You may be able to do a search on this forum and find the original maker and contact them to see if they have any parts or could assist you in re-assembling yours.

Look through here and see if you can find something related to your issue - [www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2023 12:45PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: April 03, 2023 01:33PM

Caude,
Take pictures of the pieces that you have and post them.

Essentially you have a motor, belt/s, stand and chucks.

Lets figure it out.

Date: April 03, 2023 05:29PM

OK Thanks -- will post pictures soon -- I have all the original parts and pieces just can't make the rod chuck holder rotate - I figured I would remember how it went together after I took it apart -- Wrong!!

C H Friloux

Date: April 04, 2023 11:17PM

Claude,
Here is a picture of a sully dryer:

[www.rodbuilding.org]

It looks like there is a pulley mounted n the motor shaft. Then, a pulley above the motor is connected via belt. That shaft goes through the vertical support and the chuck is attached to the thru shaft which is the upper shaft.

Take care

Posted by: Daryl Ferguson (107.119.41.---)
Date: April 05, 2023 09:58AM

It’ll be interesting to see Claude’s pics, to compare to Roger’s.

Date: April 05, 2023 12:37PM

I am new to forum and don't know how to attach pics here so will try to get them to photo gallery -- also figured out finally how to make it work -- may not be exactlly original but works -- disregard white rings tey are pieces of the PVC pipe I was going to use as rod holders

C H Friloux

Date: April 05, 2023 12:45PM

Can't log in to poto gallery -- will try again later - Thanks for your interest and help

C H Friloux

Date: April 05, 2023 01:33PM

Claude, the photo gallery is separate from the forum so you’ll have to register. Just register with your name and same password that you use for the forum and you’ll be set and can then upload photos.

Date: April 05, 2023 02:24PM

OK can get into photos and my photos in the gallery and of course nothing there but still can't find any way to upload

Date: April 05, 2023 02:56PM

Claude,
Go to the windows section of the forum.

Then click on the button that says - Upload photos

Once that comes up, drag the file you want over to that button and press enter.

Put the picture into the category that you wish. For the dryer - typically would be "equipment" catagory.

Take care

Date: April 05, 2023 06:31PM

Sorry i'm doing something wrong -- can't find anything that indicates windows section anywhere in forum or photos

Date: April 05, 2023 07:26PM

If you log into the photo gallery, you should see the “upload” button. Just click it and follow the instructions.

Date: April 06, 2023 10:25AM

Claude,
--------------------------------
In preparation for uploading a file to the forum photos page, Use your file explorer to locate the picture that you will want to upload. Click on that file location, or file folder - if you have multiple pictures in that file folder so that you can scroll to the picture that you eventually want to upload to the photo section of the forum. Then, open up a new tap to use to open the rod building forum screen.

======================================================
Now you are on the rod building forum page, and log in with your user name and password.
Now that you are in the forum do the following:
----------------------------------------------

If you look at the top of this page, you will see tabs.
Counting from left to right, the third tap is labeled ---- PHOTOS--
Click on this tab.

When the new screen opens up, on the top left side of the screen are 4 tabs in Yellow.
Counting from the left to the right, the 4th tab is labeled -- LOGIN -- Click on this tab.

When the new screen opens, it will display your
User name
Password.

Fill in those lines with your user name and password.
Click on the button that says -- LOGIN -

When this screen opeens, you will see 8 tabs in yellow.
Click on the 6th tab that says -- UPLOAD PHOTOS --

When that screen opens, scroll down to the line that says -- Member Galleries --- and click on that button.

When that tab opens, you will see 8 different categories in which you may upload photos.

For your photo about a dryer - click n the tab that says -- EQUIPMENT and TOOLS --

When the next screen opens - go down to the line directly below Equipment and Tools and find the button that says -- CHOOSE FILE --

When you click on "Choose File" the system should go to your file explorer and your directory with your picture should pop up on the screen.
Just go the picture you want to upload, double left click on that picture and that file name should then be now loaded at the end of the line that says ==CHOOSE File

At that point you can add a title to your picture in the following line and if you scroll down you will see an open box to add any descriptive information about the particular picture that you have uploaded.

================
Then, scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the --- UPLOAD/Submit ---- button

Date: April 06, 2023 11:12AM

Thanks for the instructions but the 6th tap when I enter potos says "no messsages" ---- don't see upload anywhere --

Posted by: Steven Paris (---.242.14.198.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: April 07, 2023 06:26AM

Im a computer dummy so I have to google how to do everything and follow instructions that are provided. Your pictures may be too large. I have a Mac and I resize my pics by exporting to my desktop. Then I upload the pic from my desk top. I could have used a higher resolution probably with this pic[www.rodbuilding.org] > I just uploaded this to make sure I still knew how.
Steve

Date: April 07, 2023 10:14AM

Problem is when following instructions I get 7 yellow tabs and 6th one says "no messages" so I can't even get into UPLOAD photos

C H Friloux

Date: April 07, 2023 11:08AM

Claude,
It sounds like you are having Login issues.

Are you using the same user name and the same password to log into the photo section, as you are using to log into the forum?

Date: April 07, 2023 01:52PM

I think so -- will try to find out what the passwords are -- guess I need memory pills

Date: April 07, 2023 09:43PM

A note pad is a handy thing to keep handy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster