I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Tac (Tackle24) fly blanks
Posted by: Santtu Peltonen (---.elisa-laajakaista.fi)
Date: January 27, 2023 10:05AM

Hey.
I am interested making a new dh rod for the salmon fishing this winter and found out Tac blanks interesting considering their price etc. Blanks I was looking were Black Spirit and Green spirit 14 & 15 ft.Has someone here built them? I would like to hear some experience of them before buying. Action, line weights, quality and
How do they compare to the other brands. There does not seem to be much discussion of them before. Or is there some other cheaper and good quality blanks available that are at least 14 ft long and can cast heavier line.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tac (Tackle24) fly blanks
Posted by: Pawel Tymendorf (---)
Date: January 28, 2023 09:50AM

@Santtu

Tac is an a small European OEM brand and I am not sure if it is available in US. So I think it can be hard to find info at this forum. As far as I know Pacific Bay used to make decent fly blanks

Best regards,
Pavel

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2023 04:14PM

Santu,

If you are looking for an affordable option for 14ft and 15ft blanks - take a look at North Fork Composites -

[northforkcomposites.com]

FASY1409 and FASY1510 specifically.

Best,
Aleks

Posted by: Santtu Peltonen (---)
Date: January 29, 2023 02:02PM

Hey.
Thank you for the answer. I have been thinking about NFC and Pacbay quickline blanks as I have heard very optimistic reviews about them. Do you have experience with those blanks? How are they like?
I live in Europe so it is not possible to order NFC blanks straight from them as far as i know. I have not found any dealer that has nfc 15ft blank to offer. There is 14 ft blanks at one dealer in Europe so I might go with it if 15 footer is Hard to get.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster