I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

rod build MB-724 x-ray...Help with grips
Posted by: David Byrd (131.109.211.---)
Date: December 15, 2022 04:35PM

I'm going to be building a spinning setup using an MB-724 x-ray blank. I'll be using Tidal wave 20 guides. I'd like to order carbon fiber grips from northfork and would prefer to order the right product. I'll be using a deluxe graphite American tackle seat. I prefer a full rear grip. I think I'd like to try the carbon fiber grips. Could you all give me some suggestions for matching front rear and a cap? Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rod build MB-724 x-ray...Help with grips
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 15, 2022 07:25PM

Do you really need a foregrip? If you prefer the no-foregrip look I'd just finish off the front of the seat with some sort of end cap plug. PacBay used to offer these and I'm sure that one of the sponsors here either has those or offers their own variety. Bore a hole to match the blank OD at that area and run the plug down the blank and push it into the front of the seat. Very clean look.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 15, 2022 08:56PM

How long of a handle do you want? The NFCG021C02 is 9” long and the NFCG022C01 is 12” long and both have a tenon for a butt cap. I’m sure the EVA butt cap sold by NFC will fit. If you want a fore grip, there are several options to choose from depending on the length you want. NFCG003C01 is 1.5” long, NFCG004C01 is 2”, and NFCG005C01 is 3”. There are other fore grips both longer and shorter, just depends on what you want. I’m not a big fan of pipe type of spinning reel seats, and really like the Fuji VSS17 reel seat or the IPS reel seat, both are very comfortable. The NFCG609C01 and NFCG610C01 both fit the VSS17. The first is 10” long with about 8” behind the end of the seat, and the other is 12” with about 10” behind the seat. The VSS17 gives you the option of using a hidden thread hood such as KSKSS17, which will fit either the NFCG646C01 (1”) or NFCG64C01 (2”) hood sleeves, if you want to use one.
Norm

Posted by: David Byrd (131.109.211.---)
Date: December 16, 2022 10:00AM

Thank you...I'll give that some thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster