I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Blank cut
Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: August 11, 2022 08:30PM

So, I guess it won't get stiffer then! LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: August 12, 2022 09:03AM

But Lynn ... will it "feel" stiffer? LOL

Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: August 12, 2022 10:15AM

Lynn...let me know how that rod turns out.
Did you consider the 813?
Sometime cutting the blank down will void the warranty.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---)
Date: August 12, 2022 10:27AM

With a mhx it will always void the warrenty..

Use the triangle file method for cutting the blank, best way to make a clean cut

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: August 12, 2022 04:54PM

It does not void the MH warranty. All MHX requires is sending back a piece of the blank above and below the break. They don’t require the entire rod. I never had a problem with MHX. Just make sure you register the blank.
Norm

Date: August 12, 2022 04:59PM

Really? I wouldnt think they would be ok with that.. have you done this before norm?

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 12, 2022 05:21PM

I have sent back the pieces above and below the break with a filled out warranty claim form plus a check for handling and postage, and they send me back a brand new blank, no questions asked. You just need to register your blank and save the info. Never been denied. Best warranty service out there.
Norm

Date: August 12, 2022 05:39PM

I should really send that top section back that a customer snapped.. not sure why i didnt when he showed me.. im 90% sure i filled the warrenty our for him anyway..

Lynn, you going to take me up on that offer to cut a blank or no?

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: August 12, 2022 06:46PM

Anthony, I don't think so at this point, I have no choice in the cutting of the blank. It has to be cut. Experimentation at this point is futile. Why cut a different blank if we don't have to? Say we have a cut one, and an uncut one, we support them side by side and hang an ounce on the tip of each, Which one's gonna bend more? Chris, I did, no color options.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2022 06:51PM by Lynn Behler.

Date: August 12, 2022 08:12PM

We can do that.. remember though, mine has to be stripped.. if you do want to cutine though it isnt futile, i dont really want a 7' 1piece.. can barely get those in my truck lol.. if we cut it down, im going to use it for myself.. if not, and you want it.. your stripping it ;) lol

Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: August 12, 2022 08:14PM

10-4...I thought that may be the case.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster