I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Buy/Sell Page
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: May 22, 2022 11:08AM

Howdy!

In an effort to battle the "spam" posts on the buy/sell page, I am considering having an active registration/login to the forum as a requirement to post an item for sale/purchase.

I know that it is more convenient to just hit submit, and fill out a captcha, but having it behind a login would make it cleaner.

Pros? Cons?

Let me know!

Aleks

Re: Buy/Sell Page
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 22, 2022 03:24PM

Go for it.

Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: May 22, 2022 04:51PM

Sounds great...no cons.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: May 22, 2022 08:49PM

Sounds good.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---)
Date: May 22, 2022 11:17PM

Great idea

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: May 23, 2022 07:34AM

Agree with previous posters.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 23, 2022 01:49PM

It has to be done, so be done with it!

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 23, 2022 03:18PM

Go for it but don't make it where you can't post anything like on the photograph page when you try to log into that. In fact, why don't you fix that and let people post photos here on the blog instead of having to log into another page. That has been an ongoing issue with this site for as long as I can remember. Please bring this site into this decade, at least.

Posted by: Michael Ward (162.191.124.---)
Date: May 23, 2022 03:26PM

Alex - no issues in my view with having to be logged in to post for sale / wanted...

Lance Schreckenbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....In fact, why don't you fix that
> and let people post photos here on the blog
> instead of having to log into another page. That
> has been an ongoing issue with this site for as
> long as I can remember. Please bring this site
> into this decade, at least.

Amen - I understand the desire to have an organized collection of photos for our craft, but it would add so much to the post and engagement to have pictures in the post...... could be setup in a manner where the pic could be tagged and it get added to the photo repository in the tagged category...

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.cust.tzulo.com)
Date: May 23, 2022 04:27PM

I have no problem with requiring log in for the buy and sell page. As far as posting photos on this forum that might be fine too but then it becomes like Facebook and good luck going in and finding catagorized photos. The photo page attached to this site is the largest collection of custom rod photos in the world and you can find whatever you want in seconds. Put them on a forum post and they are here today and gone tomorrow. IMO.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 24, 2022 01:10PM

Mike makes a valid claim. It could be made easy enough that the photos posted in the blog could also be posted in a Photos page automatically and that all the existing photos also be added in that page. Another linked section with "How To" videos and existing written descriptions would be great also. Many of members could post their own videos on how they do stuff (if so desired). I know this may be asking to much and could be cost prohibitive.

I have helped with input into certain algorithms we use in proprietary software and it really depends on the programmer's ability to understand what you want it to do. We used to get these young people that were still in high school that were basically geniuses (every school has them) and get them on the schools out of class work program. It helped them develop their skills and we met our budget requirements. These young men and women went on to become very successful. You may already have a company or an individual in mind to help with this but there are alternate resources.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster