I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

2022 ICRBE
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 27, 2022 07:18PM

A long but pleasant and productive weekend is over. The 2022 International Custom Rod Building Exposition was, by almost any measure, a tremendous success. New exhibitors, greater product variety and fresh seminars made this edition of the event one of the very best in the Expo's history. The turn out was absolutely fantastic with Saturday's attendance as good or better than we've ever experienced.

Something of this size is always prone to some sort of glitch or issue and this year was no exception. The rental company camera turned out to be a dud but Wes and Mary Christy, along with David Boyle stepped in with their overhead video system and saved the day for the seminars that required good close-up presentation. Many of the seminars overflowed the 125 chairs in the room. The level of interest in so many of these rod building seminar topics was encouraging for the craft.

All exhibitors arrived in time and their shipments, goods, etc., were available and ready to go early Saturday morning. Many newcomers to the event, some from as far away as Alaska, took the time to stop and tell me the trip was well worth it. Vendors reported brisk and substantial sales in nearly all cases and several were surprised at the business done and deals made behind the scenes with fellow vendors before the doors had opened. This is just another reason why the Expo is so important on both a consumer and industry level.

Of course, the overwhelming value of the Expo is that it is the only place and only time during the year where the world's rod builders, novice to expert, get to meet and share ideas and methods on a face to face basis. The Expo experience can't be had on video, Youtube. Facebook, Zoom or anywhere else. It can only take place face to face, handshake to handshake, in person, at this fantastic once a year event. I want to thank all the exhibitors, seminar presenters and the custom rod builders who attended the 2022 event. If we can all stay healthy and world doesn't burn up in the next 12 months, we just might do it again (and even better) in 2023.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2022 ICRBE
Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ip-54-39-133.net)
Date: February 27, 2022 07:37PM

They have all been good but this year was very very good. The new dealers and companies and all the new product was a real shot in the arm as far as I was concerned. Seminars were great. The rapid prototyping guy was preaching the future of this craft. It is going to be a big deal pretty soon.

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: February 27, 2022 08:09PM

Tom - as a first time exhibitor it was a great event this year, especially given all the challenges faced the last couple of years. My only downside was not being able to sit in on sessions and learn from the great presenters like I did two years ago.

Look forward to seeing things continue forward and growing

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: February 27, 2022 08:56PM

A great job was dun on ICEBE this year by every one

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Terry Wood (173.242.242.---)
Date: February 27, 2022 11:12PM

I came to the show this weekend, for the first time, not knowing what to expect as an entry level rod builder. I was very impressed with the show and all involved. I left with a lot of new friendships, products, and more knowledge than my 66 year old brain could hold. I want to give a shout out to Justina Edward for the one on one time she gave me. When I told her that I was just starting out rod building, without hesitation she fell in and taught me more about basic wrapping in a few minutes than I had learned in several hours of videos. Hope to see all of you again next year!

Posted by: Fred Zimmermann (---.raintreegraphics.com)
Date: February 28, 2022 10:42AM

It was a great show and meeting the vendors face to face ,you get something you just can't do online or through email. Everything was well done and Kudos to Tom for making this happen year after year. I won't miss another one as long as I can help it! The wife and i really enjoyed the convention, the reception and the city!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2022 11:51AM

Another great show for The NERBs & company. We have already started planing for 2023. Always a lot of fun seeing people stop by the booth to learn about the Art, and admire all the rods we have on display.

Posted by: David Boyle (69.162.229.---)
Date: March 02, 2022 02:31PM

I spoke to lots of people at the show and the consistent feedback was that they enjoyed what they saw. For many it was their first show and were really excited with what they found. In my follow-ups with customers, many are telling me they are already making plans for next year.
While the booths, seminars and products were great, as always it was the people that were the real highlight for me.
Anyone who came by the NERBs booth must have felt the energy that was being generated there. It was awesome.

Thanks Tom for hosting it yet again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster