I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

19th Anniversary
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 11, 2020 05:27PM

RodBuilding.org went online this week way back in 2001. Since that time, we have received 502,744 posts and have 12,613 registered users. The online photo page began shortly afterwards and to date features 19,606 photos.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 19th Anniversary
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 11, 2020 05:45PM

WOW Tom, 19 years of promoting and assisting rod builders! It is a real accomplishment and a milestone dependent upon your dedication to quality on the site!

Sincere congratulations and appreciation, THANK YOU !

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: June 11, 2020 06:40PM

I was lucky enough to find this site 19 years ago and it was just as good then as now..no drop off..there was always a really knowledgable core group of builders to answer questions..my biggest problem at that time was loosing bass over four or five pounds because the wire ieguides would dig into the line and i could not feed out line while under strong fish fighting pressure but at the time i thought it was a problem with the line not the guides..then Tom Kirkman,Mike Ballard, and Buddy Sanders began talking up the qualities of ceramic guides..i took off the snakes and put on alconite guides..what a difference, under any load i could feed out line smoothly even inches at a time, giving me much better control of the fish..then micro guides came along and took off..Tom always had a strong core group that was not afraid to promote new ideas that benefited the everyday fisherman..that,s why we keep coming back..thanks Tom.

Posted by: Pat Doyle (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 12, 2020 09:03AM

Congratulations Tom, and thank you for your work over the years on this project.

My best,

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: June 12, 2020 09:04AM

Congrats Tom

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: June 12, 2020 09:16AM

Thank you Tom for giving rod component companies a specific and fair platform to participate in. No other venue offers those in business specifically, to actively engage core enthusiasts directly in such a civil and informative manner. I just want to say that it doesn’t go unnoticed, so again thank you.

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 12, 2020 10:31AM

Thank you Tom and all of you who contribute to making this forum what it is. Before finding this site,( Since 1977) the only new ideas I got was when I went to sportsmen shows or tackle shops to look at new rods and how they were built. In the 1980's I went to a BASS fishing show somewhere near Cherry Hill,NJ where I got o meet Tom Mann (a big guy), and I also got to meet a guy and see his line of custom rods he designed. They were the weirdest looking rods I have ever seen. They had normal handles and reelseats but, the guides were placed so that they started on top of the rod and then began to spiral around the rod and the tip/top was under its normal position I wonder what ever became of that man and his idea. It was a great show, as a matter of fact it was the best show in NJ I ever went to, I guess you can say I'm comparing it to rodbuilding.org. Thanks again, Dennis J. Danku (Sayreville,NJ)

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mid.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: June 12, 2020 12:15PM

This site has definitely helped keep the rod building craft thriving.
It is especially rewarding as to how Tom manages it and everybody posts with a feeling of camaraderie.
We are happy to be sponsors here for all these years.
Thanks Tom.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 12, 2020 03:01PM

Hello Tom.

Congrats Tom, looking for another 19 or 20.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: June 12, 2020 07:23PM

Best rod building site on the planet, bar none !!!

Posted by: Michael Ward (172.58.4.---)
Date: June 13, 2020 05:13PM

Congrats - here’s to 19 more and then some

Posted by: Darwin Wong (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: June 14, 2020 07:19AM

Happy anniversary!!! This forums has been an great resource introducing me to tha world of rod building. Thanks!!

Posted by: Alex Weissman (---.orlf.qwest.net)
Date: June 15, 2020 12:28PM

I've only been on here for a few years and have learned bunches from the great people on here. Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster