I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Can anybody give me some guidence? Downriging build...
Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: March 28, 2020 07:42PM

Im pretty sure he doesnt.. The rod its replcing had that monster aftco seat.. Wicked overkill

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 28, 2020 07:47PM

If any sponsors are reading this, and have a decent idea of what i need better then i do, please chime in, im not picky on where everything comes from, 1 place stop is always better then getting things from here and there.. I know a few chimed in already, im planning on going through to see what everyone has available

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: March 28, 2020 09:47PM

I’ve got a Tekota 500LC sitting here in the kitchen - if you need some specs just shoot me an email - should be exposed

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: March 28, 2020 09:50PM

There is a newer style Tekota that looks more like a modern bass casting reel - then the older style that is a traditional round reel - I’ve got the round at hand if that’s what he has and you need some measurements

Date: March 28, 2020 11:01PM

Please! And his has the line counter as well.. It is the round style..
Sorry for the delay in response

Date: March 30, 2020 06:35AM

Does anyone see a issue with using fuji MN guides? I assume they are worthy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2020 08:30AM by Anthony Unger.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 30, 2020 12:12PM

If the lure or spoon you are down rigging is equipped with a circle hook there is no need for the rod to release and set the hook - as some imagine takes place but others doubt. The speed of the strike plus the speed of the trolling boat are considerably more than enough to set even a "J" hook if you are using well-sharpened hooks. Hard-mouthed species such as Tarpon and Billfish may be an exception?

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: March 30, 2020 12:38PM

I would think the Fuji MN guides would be fine.
Norm

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: April 02, 2020 05:19PM

With a Dipsy-diver between the lure and the reel I doubt the choice of rod blank is critical. Whether or not the blank is rugged enough to crank the fish and the weight of the Dipsy to the surface is the only real issue.

Date: April 02, 2020 06:27PM

I ended up going with a alps CAH22M-R centra lock seat, 12"rear, 10" taperwd fore hapalon grips, a rainshadow toughstick 1 pc. 7' 15-30# and fuji mn guides 20, 16, 12, and. 8 10s just in case... Tio top to match

Date: April 10, 2020 03:09PM

Just figured id give an update to anyone following this thread..

So i finally got the last package from mudhole, no foregrip.. Gimball is the wrong color.. Called them this morning to get the foregrip changed to one they had in stock, they told me monday that the tapered foregrip was in stock, obviously it isnt yet, called a second time today and the dude said hes getting it out today priority mailed for me, the gimball and foregrip.. So soon, soon i shojld be able to start this build! Lol

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster