I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fenwick EliteTech Walleye guides
Posted by: Chris Jensen (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 10, 2016 07:08PM

Curious if anyone out there happens to know what guides, specifically tip top Fenwick uses on their Elite Tech Walleye series rods? Have a few of them... Two that are the 6'3" ML model. One has obtained a nick in the tip top insert and I would like to replace it with the exact same matching tip top. However I'm having trouble figuring out which one that is exactly. Any help would be much appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fenwick EliteTech Walleye guides
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 10, 2016 08:15PM

Look in the Pac Bay catalog to the left, probably as close as you'll find.

Posted by: Gary Kilmartin (135.26.179.---)
Date: August 13, 2016 06:14PM

I have one of those rods, not the model you have though. I'm at home and it's not. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (172.56.39.---)
Date: August 14, 2016 10:00AM

Fenwick, part of Pure Fishing, never mentions where they source anything. Over the years in production it's possible they changed sources many times, as many rods made in the US, mention in their literature where they source their parts, and it can / does change from year to year. Pac Bay has both stainless and titanium framed guides and many different ceramic and metallic inserts in them, I know of no other source with more options available.

Posted by: Chris Jensen (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 14, 2016 01:17PM

I'll look through PacBay.... I checked some Fuji and American Tackle guides/tip tops and still don't seem to find the exact one. The Fuji ones I found were very close but the barrel length on the tip top was short compared to existing. May consider just finding tip tops I like, and removing both and redoing so they appear the same. That is if I can't find the exact. Thanks for replies all

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: August 14, 2016 04:14PM

Chris,
Pick up a guide that is the same color, shape and material and put it on the rod. I doubt very much that any one except perhaps yourself would ever notice any small difference in tip tops and in any event certainly would not care, nor would they ever comment on any slight difference.

You have a fine rod. Put a tip top on it and go fishing.

Over the years, I have built many rods that used a different tip top, than the guide set used for the rest of the rod. I always had a specific reason for using a different tip top, but it certainly had 0 effect on the appearance of the rod and was certainly of no concern to myself or any one else who happened to use the rod.

The tip top takes more abuse than any other guide in the guide train. As a result - depending on the type rod being build and line to be used with the rod, I would use a tip top - that essentially was made of tougher material than the rest of the guide train.

Be safe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster