I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: American made blanks
Posted by: Farley Glasser (85.17.24.---)
Date: July 06, 2016 02:31PM

American tackle isn't made in America?!? That's false advertising. From previous posts on here and research it seems like they're lower end blanks from China.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: July 06, 2016 04:27PM

> Bill it would be a great help if you made a
> designation on your models to signify that they
> are American made. Simply an A at the end of the
> rod blank model. Just a thought.
>
> Tom

Tom, you are referring to the country of origin label.

The link below explains all the requirement for the label.

A semi quote from the pub: Historically it has been presumed that if there is no label, the country of origin is the US. Consider a Made In The USA a badge of honor. I'm sure Batson properly labels their merchandise.

As I understand it, The country of origin requirement ensures the customer (last person in chain to purchase the product) is made aware of the country the product was manufactured. The pub references protecting the customer from fraud. You can read about the 50% rule in the pub.

There are some exceptions to the requirement. EG If you purchase a box of small hooks (being sold to the customer in boxes) only the box needs to be labeled.

Basically, if you follow the intent of informing the customer of the country of origin, you will not go far wrong.

I import fishing reels. The manufacturer has a catalog with two sections. Made In Taiwan and Made In China. When you receive the reel, the box has Made In Taiwan on the bottom, When you open the box, you will find Made In Taiwan etched into the right side cover. Sounds like full compliance to me,

It does sound like internet regulations should be in place to inform customer about the products they buy.

Hope this helps a little,
Don

[www.usitc.gov]

Don Becker

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 06, 2016 05:11PM

Don, thanks for your comments. I know that on the blanks there is a decal that says Made China if in fact that is where one is made. What I was referring to was when you go to the Batson website and they have all of their rods listed there is no way to know which of the blanks Bill is referring to that are American made until it shows up at your shop with a Made in China sticker on it.

So my suggestion is if they want builders to know what ones they make in the USA, and therefore a selling feature as I see it, code them. My thought was to simply apply a code to the listing of blanks on their website. Such as MB843A for American made, MB843C for made in China, etc. This would only have to be on the site listing and not necessarily incorporated on the rod decals or model number.

Maybe this is not an easy thing to do or perhaps it is. If I were a manufacturer and knew that made in USA was a deciding factor I sure would find a way to let my customers know that.

Tom

Don, thanks for your comments. I know that on the blanks there is a decal that says Made China if in fact that is where one is made. What I was referring to was when you go to the Batson website and they have all of their rods listed there is no way to know which of the blanks Bill is referring to that are American made until it shows up at your shop with a Made in China sticker on it.

So my suggestion is if they want builders to know what ones they make in the USA, and therefore a selling feature as I see it, code them. My thought was to simply apply a code to the listing of blanks on their website. Such as MB843A for American made, MB843C for made in China, etc. This would only have to be on the site listing and not necessarily incorporated on the rod decals or model number.

Maybe this is not an easy thing to do or perhaps it is. If I were a manufacturer and knew that made in USA was a deciding factor I sure would find a way to let my customers know that.

Tom

Tom

Date: July 06, 2016 05:12PM

OOPS Sorry for the repeat entries

Tom

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: July 06, 2016 09:00PM

YOU REALLY MEANT IT! ;)

I understand and am guilty of not mentioning country of origin on my thread web pages. My thread labels are in compliance and clearly state "Made In China". The reel pages do copy the manufactures pages by saying "Proudly Made In Taiwan".

Don Becker

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster