I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How to tell if your CP has gone bad
Posted by: Jared Taylor (---.cityofanderson.com)
Date: March 10, 2016 07:47AM

I had a back up bottle of water based CP for about 1 year and after leaving my used bottle open overnight the other day, I pulled it out. The consistency was quite a bit thinner than my old bottle. I stirred it well and when applying to the thread wraps I noticed that there were some small opaque particles floating in the bottle and on the wraps as I applied it. I'm wondering if the bottle had possibly frozen during shipping and I'm just now seeing it? Anyone out there have any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to tell if your CP has gone bad
Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: March 10, 2016 08:22AM

Jared, If you are in a time crunch I'd test it first before you put it on a rod. Or if you have a day or so we can get some on its way to you today if you want a new bottle, should be there Saturday.

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Date: March 10, 2016 08:36AM

Thanks Kevin (or Jacob)
Might have to re-wrap a couple of guides because it looked spotty. If you want, could you just send out a bottle with the back ordered guides? I'm in no hurry. I'll give you a call in a little bit.

Posted by: Victor Heal (107.77.161.---)
Date: March 10, 2016 09:23AM

Great customer service right there.

Date: March 10, 2016 09:33AM

Victor, completely agree! They are a great bunch of people. Also, those Liberty blanks are great if you have the occasion to build one.

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: March 10, 2016 10:53AM

On its way to you, thanks Jared. We appreciate it!

- Kevin

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2016 09:20PM

Jared,
Any time that you are concerned about the viability of a product - do yourself a favor and pitch the product. Purchase a fresh supply to be sure that you have a good product.

Be safe

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2016 09:20PM

Jared,
Any time that you are concerned about the viability of a product - do yourself a favor and pitch the product. Purchase a fresh supply to be sure that you have a good product.

Be safe

Date: March 10, 2016 09:46PM

Yep Roger, a few dollars would've saved me some time on the rewrap. I had already started applying it when I noticed the particles floating in the mix. I just thought that maybe I was remembering wrong on how thick a fresh bottle of CP should've been. Should've stopped right there. Luckily there isn't a rush on this particular build.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster