I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Problems cantacting Riley Rods
Posted by: Randy Hively (---.dsl1.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 09, 2016 10:28AM

I am having difficulty contacting Riley Rods after placing an order. I submitted an order for some material to make grips on Feb 27. From what I can tell everything was processed. I check on the order and it says "Complete" but I have not received anything from them. I have tried contacting them using the phone number listed on their web site and e-mail, also through facebook messenger. I cannot get a response. I am not sure that the order has gone through. I need the material to use for a rod building class for the local Trout Unlimited coming up soon. Do any of you know how to contact them? Any help is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems cantacting Riley Rods
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (172.58.32.---)
Date: March 09, 2016 11:52AM

I imagine between putting things away and getting orders out after the show, and his charter business kicking in, or soon to, he's pretty busy for a small operation.

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: March 09, 2016 12:11PM

Comments deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 04:54PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: Dick Ross (96.5.130.---)
Date: March 09, 2016 01:28PM

About this time every year it seems this comes up. Mike gets very busy at this time of year. I also think he was trying to start mass producing grips for certain companies as OEM handles. I have been dealing with Riley Rods for a lot of years off and on. I got my first kit to build CF handles there. Most of the time service has been good, but occasionally not as good. I make CF grips for different builders around the country and my own small business. There are different companies to get many of the supplies from(foam, epoxy and sleeving), but Mike has certain things you can only get from him. These being already made cores ( I get my 1/4" bores from Mike) and his foam core mold. You don't have to have the mold but sure makes it nice if you build a lot of these grips. There is also of course his custom grips, which I would think at this time of the year, might take awhile.

Date: March 09, 2016 07:15PM

I am concerned that if I order from another source that I will also be charged and receive the order from Riley Rods. It would be much easier if someone would just respond my e-mails or answer the phone and let me know what is happening. I would like to support the sponsors of the forum.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2016 09:57PM

Randy,

Mike is good about returning calls. He might have a Charter going or be swamped after the show. But your patience is well worth the wait. His grips are beautiful and fit the reel seat like a dream!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Date: March 10, 2016 09:17AM

I will wait. Every rod builder needs to have patience!!

Posted by: Mike Canavan (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 09:58PM

Have patience...well worth the wait!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 10:22PM by Mike Canavan.

Posted by: Steve Christopherson (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2016 09:52AM

I've had some difficulty as well. I used his contact form on the website. No luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 01:14PM by Steve Christopherson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster