I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

REMINDER--- Michigan Rod Builders Gathering
Posted by: Dow Whetstone (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2016 07:23PM

The MRB Gathering is coming up on April 2, 2016 in Laingburg , MI. Starts at 10 am. Come on out for a great time with food, friends, and lots of rod building tips and seminars. Potluck dinner, door prizes, and much much more. Bring some of your work to show off. We will be meeting at the American Legion Hall, 1240 E. Grand River Road, Laingsburg, MI.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: REMINDER--- Michigan Rod Builders Gathering
Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.cbpu.com)
Date: March 08, 2016 10:58PM

Thanks for the Reminder Dow. And a special Thank You to all those who have made this annual event a showcase of talent and innovation. MRB has been blessed with great sponsors who have been incredibly generous, and the presentations and discussion really make this event a must attend...If I remember right, there may even be a contest for the most innovative use of a rod building skill on a non fishing rod. I have seen some world class fly swatters come out of the gatherings.. Hope to see you there.

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: March 09, 2016 08:26AM

No doubt you all will have a great time, wish it wasn't so far away. We sent in a few Liberty blanks and shirts for door prizes, If I remember right most people walk away with a freebie or two at the last event.. You guys are awesome, thank you for helping grow the craft!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: March 09, 2016 01:31PM

Here is a taste of what's on the agenda for the event

weaving/cross wrap demo and discussion
repurposing old bamboo fly rods. what to look for and what to do.
not confirmed but there may be a wood and acrylic turning demo.
round table discussion on finishes and techniques
beginners corner(bring your projects for advice)
also new products show case
the member swap table
and as Randy pointed out the ever fun "non rod building contest"

the event is free. I know it may be a bit of a ride but hope to see some Ohio and Indiana folks.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: March 09, 2016 02:08PM

There is a big fat box from American Tackle that will be there.... blanks, Award Winning MicroWave Guides and Award Winning Fishing Line.... Have a great show!

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: michael prybis (---.lightspeed.gnwdin.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 09, 2016 08:24PM

I sure wish I could make this. Unfortunately, it is the same day as the Three Rivers Fly Fishing Show in Ft. Wayne. I will most likely be there tying flies at the PHW Indybooth. Hope everyone has a good time.

Posted by: Jared Taylor (---.cityofanderson.com)
Date: March 10, 2016 07:23AM

Dow, would love to be on the mailing list for this event for the future (if there is one.) I am supposed to be working that day, but maybe I can get someone to trade days with me at work and head up your way from central Indiana. Hope you all have a great turnout.

Posted by: Dow Whetstone (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2016 05:12PM

Thank you to all the sponsors who help to make this a awesome event ! Thank you to Get Bit Outdoors and American Tackle for the donations. Without our sponsor we would not have all the incredible door prizes and raffles that we do. When searching for blanks and components for your next rod build be sure to check out what these sponsors (and all our sponsors) have to offer. Jared, I will get you on the mailing list and be sure to check out our Facebook page. Thanks again to all our sponsor for supporting the Michigan Rod Builders.

Posted by: Pete Brady (---.lightspeed.gdrpmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2016 10:20AM

Dow,

Thank you for posting this information. I am a new member to this board with much to learn about rod building. I am planning on attending the Gathering as I live in Battle Creek. I would also greatly appreciate it if you put me on the mailing list for the MRB.

Thanks,

Pete Brady

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster