I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Super Seeker CJB65F
Posted by: luca maggiorelli (---.250-95-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: March 03, 2016 02:38PM

Hallo!
i am luca Maggiorelli from Florence, Italy.
I want to built a blank for live bait for .yellowtail, tuna ect ect. the fishing method that i adopt is with a lead of 500gr (1lb about) on the line. The question is: this blank CJB65F it's right for a lead of 1 lb? the doubt is that the tip it's too light

others blank possible are:
CJB70F

CJBF70M

thank you very much

luca

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Super Seeker CJB65F
Posted by: cosimo-angione (---.23-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: March 04, 2016 01:43AM

Hi Luca,
CJB65F isn't what you are lookinf for.
You can find other blanks in seeker catalog that can do what you need.
I have tryed quite all of them.
A lot of things to consider for your right choice.
If you want you can send me an email at cosimoangione@alice.it.
Sorry for my english....maybe we can understan better in italian.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 04, 2016 12:25PM

Hello Luca.

I have built on a lot of Seeker blanks, but not that one, a little more information such as the size of the tuna and Yellowtail you will be catching where you fish, when I go tuna fishing I can catch anything from a 5lb little tunny to a 500+lb Bluefin tuna so it would help to know the size fish most commonly caught where you fish.

You say you are using a lead of 500gr., is that a sinker or a Jig, like a knife Jig, as a sinker will dead drop to the bottom and lie there with only the amount of pressure you want to put on it while a jig will flutter to the bottom and then you have to snatch it up so it will flutter back down and that can be hard on a lighter tip.

The more information you give us the more we can help with your choice.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: luca maggiorelli (---.53-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: March 05, 2016 08:03AM

Hello Robert thank you for your answer, and sorry for my bad language.

the lead of 500gr is a sinker and not a jig, it's a tipe of fishing trolling with the live bait. the way is similar to the downrigger but often we use a sinker becouse we must fish near the bottom of the sea. the fish that we fish are snapper (dentex dentex), amberjack and sometime big amberjack e tuna , the medium size are 6-20kg (13-45 libbre) but sometime (seldom) the are fish 30-40kg max.

i searce a blnk with a light tip but with a good backbone, and it can support a sinker of 500gr

i hope that i have written a more clear message of the previous

thank you very much
luca from Florence (Italy)

Posted by: luca maggiorelli (---.53-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: March 05, 2016 08:13AM

more barrels could be:

SS-CJBF70 and SS-CJBF70M Perhaps this blank have a tip harder and it can better support the sinker of 500gr

tank you very much

luca

Date: March 05, 2016 11:41AM

Hello Luca.

I have a couple of the Seeker CTS55XH I use one for trolling and one for jigging and bottom fishing.

The blank is 5'6" Line Weight is 40-60lb (18.143-27.215kg.), Action is Medium, Power is Heavy, Butt is .850in., Tip is a size 12.

For the trolling I use roller guides and for the jigging and bottom I use American Tackle Virtus Heavies.

You say you are trolling with the live bait, at what speed do you troll with that 500gr (about 1 Pound) sinker?

Unless you troll fast I think the CTS55XH will work.

Now as I said before I have not built on the CJB65F But it is only rated at a Max of 30lb (13.607kg.) and you say you can catch up to 88.184lb (40kg.) fish with a 1lb (500gr.) weight on top of that makes me wonder if the 65F can handle it but again I say,

I have never even held, much less built on the CJB65F blank. If someone with some experience on the CJB65F would chime in and give an opinion on the CJB65F it would be helpful.

I hope this helps.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: luca maggiorelli (---.181-80-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: March 06, 2016 04:58AM

hello Robert
the sinker is 500gr, 1 libbra (not 1 pound) and the speed of trolling is 1 knot around.
the cts55xh i think that you are thinking alt the Seeker and not at Super Seeker cts55xh that is a 50-80lb and it's too powerful for my fishing

thank you very much

luca

Date: March 06, 2016 11:14AM

Hello Luca.

500gr is 1.10231lbs. I was talking about the SS-CTS55XH.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: luca maggiorelli (---.44-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it)
Date: March 10, 2016 10:09AM

the question is if a tip of 7 is too light to a sinker of 500gr,....and if you can generalize this for every blank

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster