I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What a start
Posted by: Rob Warren (---.east.dsl.telkomsa.net)
Date: January 10, 2016 04:57AM

Happy happy to all the builders out there.My year started well with 23 orders for custom builds and 4 orders for a custom boat gaff I designed.Hope everybody is doing as well
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What a start
Posted by: Randy Weakley (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 10, 2016 10:47AM

How many hours/days would you say you spend per rod? Do they all include butt wraps?

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2016 01:27PM

start with the first order you received.
Do complete in order of receiving them.
Then spend next week looking for more orders so you have something to do the rest of the month

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: January 11, 2016 04:26PM

Congrats Rob! That is awesome! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Posted by: Rob Warren (---.east.dsl.telkomsa.net)
Date: January 12, 2016 03:17AM

Thanks guys
Randy each rod is different but as an average about 11hrs per rod including butt wraps excluding hi build(most of these orders are for 12 to 14ft Rock and surf)
Steve Wish I was that fast
Get Bit Thanks will do
Rob

Posted by: Randy Weakley (98.180.150.---)
Date: January 13, 2016 04:16PM

Wow, do you start wrapping guides before the handle and seat dries? I recently finished a purple one for my daughter. I was proud of myself to get it done in about 3 weeks! It was supposed to be a Christmas present started about a week prior. Ended up being an early January present. I was building it in my bathroom rather than my workbench because I wanted it hidden from her. Very uncomfortable! I've come up with a brand for myself. I don't build commercially, but maybe when I retire from the Marines. Corn Dog Customs is gonna be my trademark.

Posted by: Gary Kilmartin (135.26.161.---)
Date: January 14, 2016 07:15PM

Corn Dog Customs. I like it. Is it fair to assume you'll be building rods for dork fish?

Posted by: Randy Weakley (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 15, 2016 12:00AM

Not sure what a dork fish is??? Oh...just checked Google! Got it ha ha ha!

Got my first request for a rod today. My CO asked me to build one for him! I actually brought it up because of my brand name, which happens to be my call sign. There's more to the story, but pretty exciting as I wasn't even looking for business! He wants a squadron themed rod.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 12:13AM by Randy Weakley.

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: January 15, 2016 07:58AM

Congrats Randy, that's awesome. Thank you for your service!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster