I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A Few NERBs
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2015 06:06PM

I received a disturbing email this afternoon from a member of the NERBs group, explaining that it was this very group that was pushing the “missing magazine” post here last week and today. The person who emailed also mentioned some other things that persons in the group had been doing to undermine the magazine, forum and Expo. Sadly, some of their endeavors led to an unfair drawing at the RodMaker Reception, where one of their members walked away with one of the grand prizes. Apparently the main goal was to embarrass me by increasing the odds that I would pull a ticket with a fictitious name and have it printed in the magazine, for them to laugh about upon publication.

No reason has been given me as to why they would do this. They smiled to my face and not one brought up any issue with me concerning anything. They always seem to enjoy the Expo, the Reception (where they eat my food and welcome winning a door prize) and many participate here on this forum. Beyond any contempt they have for me for whatever reason, this sort of behavior is an affront to all the companies that attend and display at the Expo as well as all the rod builders who attend. Their actions were/are those of grade school children and demonstrate a serious lack of maturity on the part of supposedly adult persons.

There is more but I will not go into it here. Suffice to say the perpetrators will not be back at any future Expo or RodMaker Reception. Myself and a good many other people put a lot of hard work into producing the only large scale rod building event for the craft and industry. I will not allow it to be compromised by the actions of a few immature individuals.

Finally, the person that sent me this information assured me that these endeavors were perpetrated by a few and not the entire group. I will take him at his word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2015 12:13PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Few NERBs
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2015 09:40PM

A legal investigation will open tomorrow concerning the "winning" of the several door prizes. I will not allow anyone to cast doubt as to the legitimacy of the Expo or Reception drawings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2015 12:14PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster