I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New guy from FL
Posted by: Trip Fugate (---.sub-70-209-20.myvzw.com)
Date: May 05, 2015 10:35PM

Hello everybody. My name is Trip and I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking around the forum these past few weeks, slowly trying to pick up some info on the basics of rod building. So far I've read enough to begin building my own wrapper and I just ordered my first blank and supplies tonight! I've always been intrigued with making my own fishing lures, jigs, and flies so building some rods to cast them with seems awesome. I've got a lot of questions yet to be answered but I will try to find them within the forum before slamming you all with Newb questions. Hopefully I can get some building done between school and work but I have a feeling it might be the other way around once I get started haha

- Trip

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New guy from FL
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 06, 2015 01:48AM

Hello Trip.

Welcome to the addiction.

Tight Wraps & Bent Rods.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Barry Chapman (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: May 06, 2015 06:42AM

Mate you have no idea what you are in for .As Bob said welcome to the addiction & don't be hesitant about asking questions & the only dumb question is the one you don't ask

Regards Baz

Bundeena
NSW Australia

Posted by: John DeMartini (12.54.94.---)
Date: May 06, 2015 08:20AM

Where in Fl.?

Posted by: Ron Jack (---.port.east.myfairpoint.net)
Date: May 06, 2015 09:10AM

Trip, Welcome to the addiction. Check out the library tab at the top of the page - alot of good info.

Ron Jack
Bowdoin, Maine

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 06, 2015 11:40AM

Trip,

I, too, Welcome you to rod building. If you really want to wet your appetite, I would recommend you pick up a copy of "Advanced Custom Rod Building" by Dale P. Clemens. It is a great book and will head you down the right path. I consider it to be the Bible!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Trip Fugate (---.sub-70-209-54.myvzw.com)
Date: May 08, 2015 10:56PM

Thanks for all the input everyone! Blank should be in by Monday and I'll be neck deep! John I'm from Gator Country aka Gainesville ;)

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 09, 2015 09:49AM

Trip
If you plan on building your own equipment check out the photo page under equipment and tools a lot build there own A lot of ideas there

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Trip Fugate (---.sub-70-209-17.myvzw.com)
Date: May 09, 2015 12:25PM

Thanks bill I went through all the pics of wrappers I could find on there and I think I came up with something efficient. I don't have a router so I improvised with some stuff but hopefully everything will work as planned during my first build.

Posted by: Ryan McBride (---.wavecable.com)
Date: May 11, 2015 12:56PM

Welcome and this is the begging of the end ;) Enjoy this Addiction oops, Hobby!

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: Chuck Blocker (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: May 12, 2015 02:18PM

Trip, I live in Palatka (also in Gator Country) and would be glad to help in any way.

Posted by: Trip Fugate (64.56.94.---)
Date: May 14, 2015 03:58PM

Thanks Chuck I might need some one day!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster